Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

50000 Service

Folks,

Car due for 50,000 service in the coming weeks (can't believe I've done over 20,000 in under 18 months... :crybaby: ). Anyone had one done and if so:

- Approximate price paid for?

- Did you change your cam belt? If not, when is this due?

- Anything I should be aware of?

Cheers me dears.... :geek:

I'll take a stab at this Zee (seeing as none of the more knowledgeable regs have shown up yet).

As far as I know it is the even numbered services which are more expensive (mainly due to changing plugs - 6 x £12 I believe).

The cambelt is due at 60,000 miles - this is the "big" service that you'll need to save for by all accounts (plugs & cambelt).

But this is all from memory - I'm only on 18.5k - so will be in for 20k next month.

Doesn't it say in the service book that the belt should be changed at 100k ??

I know from past experiances that 100k is a bit high, but would Lexus warrent a belt for 100k. Just sold my SE with 96k on the clock and had always been serviced by 1 Lexus dealer and no sign of a belt change on the invoices..

Just checked my paperwork that I got back from Lexus Nottingham when I had my 50K service done a few months ago. I paid approx. £100 (don't know exactually because I had the MOT and new tyres at the same time and I can't be bothered to work it all out inc. vat).

No Cam belt change, and looking through the service report, it said it due at 100K as crispy pointed out. Does seem quite high <_<

hmmmmmmmmm..... interesting stuff... :huh:

So, its a minor service (that's positive) but cam belt not due till 100k.... :unsure:

I think I'll get it done at 60k to be on the safe side - thanks for the info folks. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links