Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Post And Intro To My Car...

I think I know what you mean by the driving experience being different, when I drove an IS250, I found the steering felt a little more detached, and the engine sounded lovely, but sounded like it was miles away. However, once I got past these, I found the car did actually handle a lot better than the old IS :)

Although I agreed with you about the drive feeling slightly "sterile" or detached...I have to say that as time and miles go by, I am getting to like the drive more and more. I think the unique electrically assisted steering has a lot to do with the feel.

Why do they teach you to feed the wheel anyway?

It is an "infinite" method of steering, as you will never run out of the ability to steer, like you could with fixed input/rotational steering. It is also a much smoother method of steering, and as coarse steering is one of the causes of a skid, it is less likely to induce skidding.

There is also some more modern reasons, like not having your arms thrown into your face if they are crossed during an airbag activation, but the original thinking behind it is the stuff in my first paragraph.

Cheers

The iS250 really comes into own in traffic on friday it took me 2 hours 40 mins to do 16 miles on the North Circular in London but with the great stereo smooth gears and quiet engine I made the most of a dreadful afternoon ..i bet not many other drivers in that jam could say the same

The iS250 really comes into own in traffic on friday it took me 2 hours 40 mins to do 16 miles on the North Circular in London but with the great stereo smooth gears and quiet engine I made the most of a dreadful afternoon ..i bet not many other drivers in that jam could say the same

Agreed, just spent 2hrs doing the 20miles to Heathrow :tsktsk: and spent most of it playing with the toys in the

car, sitting in the big armchair of a seat :D

I think the unique electrically assisted steering has a lot to do with the feel.

The Mazda RX-8 I traded in for the IS250 had electric steering, so not quite unique :)

The steering was better on that, but the MPG was pants :(

Barry

I think the unique electrically assisted steering has a lot to do with the feel.

The Mazda RX-8 I traded in for the IS250 had electric steering, so not quite unique :)

Barry

I never knew that.... :)

Barry

The mini and BMW Z4 also have electric power steering :)

Barry

The mini and BMW Z4 also have electric power steering :)

And my old Toyota Corolla did too. Most modern cars have electric power steering - it gives an economy improvement of up to 2mpg compared to a hydraulic system.

Incidentally, I think they went back to hydraulic power steering with the Z4M. It's still the best in terms of feel!

Well, if nothing else, this car has LED me to buy a Gold membership, the downside is, it's to bite the bullet, lose a few quid now, and stick it in the for sale section. Very disappointed with this one compared to my 200 :(

No way is it worth to me the £16K over and above what I sold my 51 plate IS200 SE Auto/Nav for.

Well, if nothing else, this car has led me to buy a Gold membership, the downside is, it's to bite the bullet, lose a few quid now, and stick it in the for sale section. Very disappointed with this one compared to my 200 :(

No way is it worth to me the £16K over and above what I sold my 51 plate IS200 SE Auto/Nav for.

You're really selling it then? I thought you were just starting to like the car? :duh:

Sorry to hear it, are you going back to an old IS then or gonna try something else completely? What exactly has made you decide to sell so soon?

You're really selling it then? I thought you were just starting to like the car? :duh:

Sorry to hear it, are you going back to an old IS then or gonna try something else completely? What exactly has made you decide to sell so soon?

Yep, decided today after the drive to work, just miss my old IS :blush:

I may look at the latest IS200 I can find, I think that will be. Probably spend £15 or £16K, the rest will go on red, or maybe black, or something in the 3.15 at Newmarket :P

Yep, decided today after the drive to work, just miss my old IS :blush:

I may look at the latest IS200 I can find, I think that will be. Probably spend £15 or £16K, the rest will go on red, or maybe black, or something in the 3.15 at Newmarket :P

Fair enough, although have you considered going back to an IS300 instead? After having an IS250 courtesy car, then getting mine back, I realised I still liked my IS, but wanted the extra power so considered swapping to a 300 (but then couldn't be bothered :lol: )

Worth considering though as going from the IS250 back to an IS200 auto is a really painful step down in power :crybaby:

Fair enough, although have you considered going back to an IS300 instead?

That's an option, I use Hatfield, and they suggested an IS300, I may go and have a look at the weekend, just need to sell the car privately so I don't get too :tsktsk: dealing with a trade sale so soon after purchase.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links