Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Batteries

Mr Morse

Here I am at CDG airport waiting to board the flight to Lagos, I plug in to listen to some toonz and my iPod is showing the "dead battery" logo

Can't believe this, the damn things only 5 months new!

What's the deal with replacing the Battery? I bought the iPOd "as new" but never registered off eBay and dont have the original paperwork

i had the same problem although it was an actual Battery fault.

my advie would be to register it online with apple, and then take it into your local apple store (something tells me they not have one in Lagos :hehe:) not sure where your based but there is one at MEadowhall in Sheffield.

there real helpful, they simply replaced mine and gave me some free goodies for the inconvenience.

The batteries on ipods have always been the weak link. Mine's down to lasting only 40mins on a full charge (although admittedly it's a 1st generation pod).

They can be replaced but it's almost as expensive as a new pod.

Give it a full charge with the mains adapter (rather than via USB) and see if it comes back to life: but if you got it off e-bay you may be goonered.

:(

The more you charge them as well for instance I do everyday the more it becomes weaker over time, I'm pretty sure they are designed like this though. As Fidgits says make sure u use the Hold button as sumtimes it can come on and drain itself.

The more you charge them as well for instance I do everyday the more it becomes weaker over time, I'm pretty sure they are designed like this though. As Fidgits says make sure u use the Hold button as sumtimes it can come on and drain itself.

there is a known fault wit hthe ipod batteries so much so that some stores in america withdrew them and refused to sell them. apple however refuse to acknowledge there is a problem with them

Alrite fella, check these links out.

link 1

link2

I know of a couple of places where you can get the batteries cheapish

but you will have to insert them yourself. Quite easy though!

(Depending which ipod you have :P )

Good links, cheers - guess I was wrong - only £49 for replacement Battery and fitting at an authorised apple store. There may be life in my 1st gen pod yet....

easiest thing to do would be to take it in store and see what they can do, if all else fails then you would have to pay the £49. thats what i was told with my ipod mini and in the end just bought the 60GB video instead, for that to go wrong soon after lol

Alrite fella, check these links out.

link 1

link2

I know of a couple of places where you can get the batteries cheapish

but you will have to insert them yourself. Quite easy though!

(Depending which ipod you have :P )

Good links, cheers - guess I was wrong - only £49 for replacement Battery and fitting at an authorised apple store. There may be life in my 1st gen pod yet....

This place is a lot cheaper, if you fancy a bit of diy! ipod doctor

Hardest part is prying open the case, but once you've got a gap its easy.

Just disconnect the Battery plug and swap with the new 1, and Robert's your dad's brother! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links