Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carbon Fiber

elexes

anyone know some good sites to buy carbon fiber bits to lighten up the car ? doors in paticular also front fendors

anyone how how carbon fiber compairs to normal pannels in a crash ? instance side crash with another car ( where car rams you )

carbon fibre splinters in a crash, and is very painfull if it enters the skin!!!

and it isnt much lighter than the front fenders....

however if you want prices...

doors are £1800 each

fenders are £300 each

Edited by Monster-Mat

anyone know some good sites to buy carbon fiber bits to lighten up the car ? doors in paticular also front fendors

anyone how how carbon fiber compairs to normal pannels in a crash ? instance side crash with another car ( where car rams you )

I don't expect the Insurance Companies will appreciate it as it probably negates the safety tests for road use. I have been involved in some Composite design work, and despite all the 'expert' design calcs, actual physical testing was always necessary to prove the layering process and materials.

If it was purely cosmetic I'd suggest looking at the RVinyl site as they have sheets of carbon fibre pattern vinyl for large panels e.g bonnet & boot.(I recently purchased a 'red-out' kit from them to cover the amber lenses on my 250 tail lights.)

thanks lads . basicly i wanted to keep the safety of the car to a certian level . if the doors basicly just rip apart at impact ive no intrest in getting them . i want to keep the people inside as safe as possible .

while lightening the car .. might just strip out the insides

got one made by a different company . i had to disable the automatic open from the key tho cause the springs are very powerfull when the boots not heavy

thanks tho

any idea's on what to do with the back seat ? id like to have the option of carrying 3 people but am thinking of getting rid of it

If you want to lighten it, and don't care too much for creature comforts...

Remove,

Carpets

Door Cards

Sound proofing

plastic trimings

headliner

rear bench

boot interior panels

audio

spare wheel

tool kit

That should drop you about 50kilos ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links