Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Adapter

Does anyone know if you can get the Vaistech ipod adapter ordered in the UK anywhere, or whether vaistech will ship to the UK?

How easy is it to get the headunit out (is 220 without MM) to fit this. Only reports i can find seem to be people who have ordered this in states then shipped it themselves.

ta

RD

I know one of the admins of this site, Matt NcNally was after one of these for ages for his GS from Vaistech, no idea where he's gone to so not sure if he ever managed to get one - anyone know?

If any one has any info on MP3 interface units Vaistech or others please post it up.

I am off to Dubai next week and was going to get and Ipod out there to plug into the car but if there is a good Zen or other interface more suitable please post up any details so i can get the right one.

Infinity...............

I've been looking into this a bit, though not exhaustivly. As far as i can see the Vaistech unit is the only integrated solution for the 250/220 i.e. it allows you to use the controls of the headunit on the steering wheel or nav unit to control the ipod and will display track info on the nav or radio display.

Obviously the simple solution is to just use the aux-in port on the lexus to plug in any mp3 player. however you will need to use the mp3 players controls to control it (apart from the volume i think) and will not see any info displayed on the nav/radio.

For those of you with the MM it may be possible to play music via Bluetooth from your phone. I have no evidence for this what so ever, although the blue&me system in the alfa romeo and fiats can do this.

Also i guess lexus may bring out their own ipod connector one day, but i can't see them doing anything other than ipod only.

the vaistech unit seems perfect but is looking a little pricy when factoring in shipping costs and import duty. I'm guessing $420 then it needs fitting too, oh and i have to by an ipod as well, as i currently have an iriver that's not compatible.

RD

I've been looking into this a bit, though not exhaustivly. As far as i can see the Vaistech unit is the only integrated solution for the 250/220 i.e. it allows you to use the controls of the headunit on the steering wheel or nav unit to control the ipod and will display track info on the nav or radio display.

Obviously the simple solution is to just use the aux-in port on the lexus to plug in any mp3 player. however you will need to use the mp3 players controls to control it (apart from the volume i think) and will not see any info displayed on the nav/radio.

For those of you with the MM it may be possible to play music via bluetooth from your phone. I have no evidence for this what so ever, although the blue&me system in the alfa romeo and fiats can do this.

Also i guess lexus may bring out their own ipod connector one day, but i can't see them doing anything other than ipod only.

the vaistech unit seems perfect but is looking a little pricy when factoring in shipping costs and import duty. I'm guessing $420 then it needs fitting too, oh and i have to by an ipod as well, as i currently have an iriver that's not compatible.

RD

Probably wouldn't be wise to buy one just yet as Vaistech are working on a new unit. The current version only has limited capability with the MM in the LEX, although those with the standard sound system will find it OK.

If any one has any info on MP3 interface units Vaistech or others please post it up.

I am off to Dubai next week and was going to get and Ipod out there to plug into the car but if there is a good Zen or other interface more suitable please post up any details so i can get the right one.

Infinity...............

I found these in the States - www.mp3yourcar.com Looks good...... as I have an Rx 300, I'll have to make sure that it is the same as the Rx 330 they describe; Bugsy.

Is the new unit that you mention the video unit? which i guess is only of use to those lucky MM owners.

the mp3yourcar one looks to me to be the same unit, its got the same photos and installation picture and is the same price. could be coincidence though.

Vaistech have said they will ship to the UK for $65 (via UPS).

RD

Thats interesting. In the past the denison ones always came up with an FM transmitter for lexus. However i cant see a uk supplier who will do the lexus version. I can find the toyota version at for example.

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car...r/Compatibility

for £149, it lists two types of toyota radio , but no idea if either one are compatible with lexus. It would be an expensive guess, i think from looking on us sites that it is the same kit for both models, but not sure.

RD

Is the new unit that you mention the video unit? which i guess is only of use to those lucky MM owners.

the mp3yourcar one looks to me to be the same unit, its got the same photos and installation picture and is the same price. could be coincidence though.

Vaistech have said they will ship to the UK for $65 (via UPS).

RD

I bought this a few months ago from this site. It is the Viastech. Lexus fitted it for me for free when they were doing the rattles and it works perfectly. Good sound and good control. I use it all the time. Perhaps a bit expensive though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links