Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Couple Of Questions Ref 220d

Haf

I have just got my 220D back from its first 10k service and noticed that the satnav screen no longer dims when headlights are on. I'm sure it used to do this (i.e the background white on maps went brown) but no longer does. Can anyone confirm?

Secondly I'm also sure i read somewhere that the car locks the doors automatically once it starts moving but mine doesn't. Again is this true?

If you check the dial that sets the brightness of the dashboard lights, you'll probably find it is in the top locked position. Turn it down slightly so it clicks and the screen should dim automatically again.

As far as the auto-locking goes I don't think this works on UK cars.

I suspect that your dimmer is full on (i.e. turned to the right fully).

The night mode kicks in at dusk and turns to night mode for the Satnav.

Locking is defo not available on the UK variant, a seriously naive design flaw/omission for this market. It's as barmy (possibly barnier) as Mercedes's refusal to use deadlocking on their cars!!

PS - even the peugeot's nowadays have auto locking that you can preset through the dash controls, and even auto fold mirros on the SE spec and upwards.

You'd think that buying a premium model in this day and age would have these things standardised. Regardless of how shoddy a Beemer is put together these days, you can actually configure these things through the Sat Nav screen plus much more...

Wakey Wakey time for Lexus...

Thanks guys - saved me complaining to lexus and them asking me to bring the car back in.. shame about auto-locking as i had it on my merc and it was really useful - especially as i often drive into central london and birmingham with my laptop on the backseat... have to try and remember to press the central locking button from now on.

Yeh, i mean with mercs/bmws you can really personalise ur car...unlike the lexus..............

At a hefty price though :hehe:

The thing is, technology is already der. i mean if peugeot can do it..by all means lexus can to...without the price tag

i mean toyota adapted to merc style wing mirrors....lexus shud adapt to consumer convience...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links