Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Last Official Service At 8000 Miles...

Collected my first Lexus today (IS200 Sport 52 plate)... very happy with it for what it is...

However, as I inspected the service history, the last official service was done around 7,000 miles with a Lexus dealer stamp. Afte that, there are service stamps (without Lexus logo) but a round logo stating 'serviced by Arnold Clark'. This goes up to 40,000 miles. I understand Arnold Clark is a Lexus dealer in Glasgow. However the stamp does not have the Lexus logo.

Could I check with the Lexus dealer to ensure this vehicle has been serviced?

Would you advise to wait until 60,000 miles and just get a service done then...??? Or what would you suggest...???

Thanks in advance.

Arnold Clark has the Lexus franchise for Glasgow, Aberdeen and Bradford and is the biggest car dealer in Scotland.

Why would you think that it had not had the proper services?

Arnold Clark has the Lexus franchise for Glasgow, Aberdeen and Bradford and is the biggest car dealer in Scotland.

No, Mac... that's not what I was implying at all... as far as I am concerned, looking at the service book, it has a service stamp by Arnold Clark at 40k miles (but no date or mileage, which is no problem). After a bit of quick finger tapping on the internet I know that Arnold Clark is the main dealer in the areas you have mentioned.

My main question is: should I wait until I hit 60k miles and get a servic done then...? Or what would anyone suggest... It has done 57k miles at the moment. I anticipate I should hit 60k miles sometime next year...

Collected my first Lexus today (IS200 Sport 52 plate)... very happy with it for what it is...

However, as I inspected the service history, the last official service was done around 7,000 miles with a Lexus dealer stamp. Afte that, there are service stamps (without Lexus logo) but a round logo stating 'serviced by Arnold Clark'. This goes up to 40,000 miles. I understand Arnold Clark is a Lexus dealer in Glasgow. However the stamp does not have the Lexus logo.

Could I check with the Lexus dealer to ensure this vehicle has been serviced?

Would you advise to wait until 60,000 miles and just get a service done then...??? Or what would you suggest...???

Thanks in advance.

No MAIN Dealer can put there logo on the service stamps now, only the name of the garage :D EU reg's again.

No MAIN Dealer can put there logo on the service stamps now, only the name of the garage :D EU reg's again.

Are you serious? What kind of stupid law is that? :angry:

When did this come into effect? My last service (in May I think) has a Lexus stamp :whistling:

Are you serious? What kind of stupid law is that? :angry:

When did this come into effect? My last service (in May I think) has a Lexus stamp :whistling:

Yes Its True, you may have the stamp, and you may just have had the stamp, but dealers should not be using it :o

It all to do with dealer servicing and warranty, cause as you know or should know, when you buy a new car it dont have to be serviced by main dealer for you to be able to have any warranty work done, but it will have to have been serviced by VAT Reg Garage using Gen/parts.

ps. BMW dealers in Manchester dont do it, just name of garage Williams BMW, but now BMW logo.

That's all interesting to know gents; but going tangent slightly... erm... could anyone advise if I should wait for the reminder at 60k to service the car... or just do it now as I don't think its been serviced at 50k (because of no stamp) but the car did have an MOT at 50k.

That's all interesting to know gents; but going tangent slightly... erm... could anyone advise if I should wait for the reminder at 60k to service the car... or just do it now as I don't think its been serviced at 50k (because of no stamp) but the car did have an MOT at 50k.

The odd-number services (ie 10, 30, 50k etc) are minor services, obviously they give the car a good once-over but essentially it's an oil change. So long as the oil on the dipstick shows there is enough in there and it looks reasonably clean, I'd wait until you're closer to 60k.

That said, you made a comment earlier in the thread that suggested it might be several months before that time, so it depends on how much you value peace-of-mind! You could book it in for the 60k a couple of thousand early, and get it out the way. It'll cost a few quid mind, the 60k is one of the more major services, as new plugs are required amongst other 'one-off' items.

Mike

No, Mac... that's not what I was implying at all... as far as I am concerned, looking at the service book, it has a service stamp by Arnold Clark at 40k miles (but no date or mileage, which is no problem). After a bit of quick finger tapping on the internet I know that Arnold Clark is the main dealer in the areas you have mentioned.

My main question is: should I wait until I hit 60k miles and get a servic done then...? Or what would anyone suggest... It has done 57k miles at the moment. I anticipate I should hit 60k miles sometime next year...

Sorry mate I understand the question now, call up and check the date and mileage for the 40K service. Could have been done late. If it is well over 10K since the last one I would change the oil and filter my self and wait till 60K for the service.

Aha... thanks guys... I shall give a call to Arnold Clark Lexus and enquire re the service history... appreciate the advice...

Will something on the dash tell me at 60k that a service is due...?

Thats on BMW's :D

And Mercedes :winky: ..... nice idea, especially for women, my wife would keep driving her merc till the wheels fell off otherwise, if gives her a countdown from 1000 miles.....

yes the odometre turns from 59,999 to 60,000!!! :D

PMSL

Some newer Fords also have Service lights

The maintance menu on the Lexus satnav can be programed to tell you when a service is due

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links