Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newbie Rx400h Or Simple Rx350

Hello everyone

Just about to buy a ex demonstrator 400h or a 350 from my local dealer,

It’s the million dollar questions for me..

Any comments on the one to buy?

pros and cons woule be good,

:question:

Rgs

Mark

I don't know what others feel, but I reckon it's a very close call. When you could only get the 300 it was a no brainer if you wanted a bit more pace, but the acceleration on 350 and 400h are pretty much the same.

So then it comes to the fuel consumption question, where the 400h is much better round town, but just the same on the motorway, if not worse.

Then there is the price, 400h is 4K more, and you won't get that back in fuel savings?

alloys are much nicer on 400h though

If, like me, you are company car man, then it becomes a no brainer, 400h is 22 or 23% benefit in kind tax, 350 will be 35%, just like BMW X5, Volvo XC90 etc.

The other question is longevity and residuals. I say this because despite the 5 year warranty on hybrid bits of 400h, you really don't want to pay for new bits if they go wrong. Residuals are also a little unknown.

Silent running is also fun.

There's my thoughts, keen to hear other opinions

Cheers

Jon

Not that the RX is a proper off roader but I believe the 350 is better in the rough stuff because 400h powers rear wheels via single electric motor only rather than from the engine. Probably won't sway you but just in case...

I am delighted with my choice of the 400h, I love the technology, performance and the silent running. However, if I was going to be really picky these are the things that the 350 has that I would have liked to see on the 400:

'06 350 has the latest version of sat-nav which apparently is better than '06 400 version and, I think, will also play DVD's.

Air suspension is not available on 400 and I suspect the rear wheelarches do not intrude so much on the "air" cars (bit of a problem for the golf clubs)

As a personal preference I would choose the interior wood trims but they are not available on the 400 (I'm trying to find some wood trims to fit but not having much success)

Having said the above, if I were making my decision today I would still choose the hybrid.

:) Thanks everyone for your honest and open comments, after test driving both again,

I think it’s the 350 that gets the vote, as I found the 400h slightly heavier on the steering. Someone also mention maybe using LPG when the warranty runs out would be easier on a 350?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links