Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Making A Terrbile Noise

afternoon all

well i was setting off for uni this morning and the car was making a terrible noise as i was pulling off the drive.

where i park its quite twisty so moving full lock to full lock is a necessity.

well i was i was turning the weel (not moving at the time) there was l loud squeeky hissing noise!! coming from the wheel area.

could anyone diagnose what it is?

i could feel resistence in the steering wheel, it was almost like it was rubbing but i doubt it as i just have standard 17" wheels and its not lowered either.

ive now returned home and the car seems fine.

cheers

Dan

Often called the serpentine belt, usually behind the radiator and driving other devices ie p/steering ,air con, alternator etc.

Not familiar with yor model it may have more than one belt..... check for fraying, cracking and general ragged looks or just too slack, making it screech when it tries to drive the alternator after a cold start.

Was it damp this morning ?

If it was sounds like belts loose, if it is not squeling when the engine bay is dry from engine heat.

Generally if you twist each belt in the middle (between two pulleys) as a roiugh guide you can usually twist them 90-180 degress - any more and its loose.

Seems like a recurring theme at the mo-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=37246&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=37202&hl=

Taking mine to a garage tomorrow to get it checked out, will let you know what they say.

Stu.

cheers keep us updated mate, my cars going in for service on tuesday so ill ask them to check it out then.

Was it damp this morning ?

If it was sounds like belts loose, if it is not squeling when the engine bay is dry from engine heat.

Generally if you twist each belt in the middle (between two pulleys) as a roiugh guide you can usually twist them 90-180 degress - any more and its loose.

no it wasnt damp this morning but cold! it does seem to be ok after a run in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links