Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought a "BARGAIN" 93 LS400 on E-Bay.By the time I have had the darkboard,sorry dashboard repaired,organised some brakes (good job it has brown seats!),cambelt and oil service,no cd player no lights on aircon or gearchange..........I think you get the general idea.

To top it all one just sold (3/11/06) 11.40 am on e-bay 95-N FSH cambelt just done less miles and immaculate for £2250!

Lexus Hatfield £680 for replacement dash!

www.dashtechservices.co.uk advertise at £200 to repair.

Anyway glad to be back in a LS400,still a nicer drive than my 06 Kia Sorento even with the faults.

Just bought a "BARGAIN" 93 LS400 on E-Bay.By the time I have had the darkboard,sorry dashboard repaired,organised some brakes (good job it has brown seats!),cambelt and oil service,no cd player no lights on aircon or gearchange..........I think you get the general idea.

To top it all one just sold (3/11/06) 11.40 am on e-bay 95-N FSH cambelt just done less miles and immaculate for £2250!

Anyway glad to be back in a LS400,still a nicer drive than my 06 Kia Sorento even with the faults.

Hi Mike and welcome to LOC ( come on guys 50 views on this thread and I am the 1st to welcome a new member)

Sorry to hear you bought a poorly LS and now have to invest heavily in it straight away.

If your ok with electronics you can normally do the dash problem yourself ( instructions on the web) mainly changing leaky electrolytic capacitors ( I know they leak in every electronic appliance from experience).

The component cost is pence but the labour is the factor here.

I,ve just bought some genuine Toyota front pads for my Celsior LS400 on eBay and I think there are some more plus rears left.

Cambelt ( dealer only in my case they frighten me!) Oil and filter is DIY though.

Does it have a cd player in the boot or do you mean its missing?

Finally the lights on the aircon/at selector may just be bulbs ( what would be amazing is if the climate/clock display is working)

Could be worse.

Any history with it and if you don't mind how much did you pay for it?

Cheers,

Steve

I repair dashes 45 and speedo/tacho needles 20 a piece, too late for you but might help others. Can't repair climate controls anymore, got stitched up getting hold of LCD's!!

Chris V

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links