Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading To Double Din Screen

so wats on the modding list for next year???? well after much thought, i think i'm going to delve into the world of ICE. Now, i know a little about fitting screens into cars (as my dad has a 15 inch drop down monitor in his expidition), but i fear this is gonna be above and beyond my capabilities?!?!

Basically, i want to fit a full double DIN screen into the current CD/radio housing. From this, i want to be able to play CD's, DVD's and listen to the radio (and any other extra features these things come with :winky: ). i have seen some lovely looking set-ups from members on here in the past, but cant find the pics i was looking for.

Is anybody with experience in this field able to reccomend a decent (but not overly expensive) set-up? i don't wanna pi$$ about too much with speakers because they're fine as they are.

Additionally, will i need to somehow mould the screen into its housing for a flush fit......or does all this come ready to go in the box??

I'm heading over to the States again at Christmas and was hoping to see if they have any goodies over there.....i'm assuming compatibility shouldn't be a problem....apart from maybe the radio (but sure they may be a way around this?? :yawn: )

Cheers in advance guys :D

The Kenwood 7025 headunit its a great piece of kit, had it in my old car. Seems to be some real good deals available for it at the moment too online.

The autoleads fascia kit makes so as you can fit it straight in, no moulding etc required Only thing is a little modding of the fascia surround to hide the gap around the screen.

As for fitting, thought best to leave that to the pros so left it into my local audio store.

Theres a couple of pics of how mine looks a few threads down in this section.

Harry

The Kenwood 7025 headunit its a great piece of kit, had it in my old car. Seems to be some real good deals available for it at the moment too online.

The autoleads fascia kit makes so as you can fit it straight in, no moulding etc required Only thing is a little modding of the fascia surround to hide the gap around the screen.

As for fitting, thought best to leave that to the pros so left it into my local audio store.

Theres a couple of pics of how mine looks a few threads down in this section.

Harry

cheers for the info mate. any links/reccomendations as to a supplier of these parts?? is the 7025 unit a touch screen??

I've got a touch screen dvd player, with ipod adapter etc etc.. Its single din though but one of those that pops out the player. Looks very cool. Galla 4 ?? (Owen) has the same one fitted. Very good price too. :winky:

I've got a touch screen dvd player, with ipod adapter etc etc.. Its single din though but one of those that pops out the player. Looks very cool. Galla 4 ?? (Owen) has the same one fitted. Very good price too. :winky:

wat make is it mate? any pics? where abouts di you get it from? :D

wat make is it mate? any pics? where abouts di you get it from? :D

Pioneer. I've got some pics and links for you mate of my stereo and where to buy from... Send me a PM before I forget and I'll send them :D

This is my stereo which i fitted a few weeks ago, its the Alpine IVA200RI, seems top spec so far and still loving it, was a bit of a problem to fit as the amp had to be removed and shorted severl things but got it all fixed no problem.

a few pics to gander at

w200ri.jpg

fitted ( without the insert surround part which had to be modified slightly to fit better )

photo0130pf7.jpg

The 7025 I mentioned is touchscreen yes, great unit with excellent quality. We're actually debating whether my new Alpine is actually any better. Try the website 'caraudiosecurity.com' or something, i think it was those guys were doing a good deal on em.

pic of my setup...

finished.jpg

Try Car Audio Centre. They've got a sale on at the moment too. Some with 50% off. They've got loads of choices for you mate :)

cheers mate...will take a butchers at their website ASAP :D :winky:

does anybody know if US units will work over here?

• 2 weeks later...

alright guys, been on the look out and come across these two units:

Double Din

Single Din

Could someone reccomend which would be the better of the two to get and for what reasons? i'm wanting to be able to play DVD's and potentially have a PS3 :whistling: B) wired into the system (but only an idea at present).

Any other reccomendations would be appreciated. also, is there anybody in my kinda vacinity that reckons they could help me out with fitting such a system? i presume i won't require any modifications in terms of speakers/amps etc? they should run straight from this head unit??

double din. theres no benifit in the single din at all. you'll never use the tray below and when the screen pops out it covers your heater controls.

hmmm, hadn't thought of that actually :yawn:

what about ease of connection? are any extra componenets needed?

also, would a US screen/dvd etc work over here?

The fascia adaptor you have to buy to fit an aftermarket stereo in the Lexus IS200, can hold either a single din or double so that doesn't make any difference.

And all the connections and components needed are exactly the same.

A US dvd/screen should work fine, as most car DVD players tend to be region Free but if its not you won't be able to play UK DVD's (Region2 compared to region 1)

This is my stereo which i fitted a few weeks ago, its the Alpine IVA200RI, seems top spec so far and still loving it, was a bit of a problem to fit as the amp had to be removed and shorted severl things but got it all fixed no problem.

a few pics to gander at

w200ri.jpg

fitted ( without the insert surround part which had to be modified slightly to fit better )

photo0130pf7.jpg

That looks really good, i want one, what does it lool like with the screen closed tho?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links