Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonet Release Cable Gs 300 Mkii

Hi folks I have been having problems with the bonet release on my gs 300 mkII. When I pull the lever the bonet pops up but the lever won't return to it's original position so when I try to close the bonet it won't lock down. Anybody out there had the same problem .

Jim

Had the exact same problem as you yesterday, played with the lever a few times and eventually it snapped back into place - no idea what caused the problem though?

Try some WD40 on the catch and the cable that you can see under the bonnet, sounds like the catch or leaver or cable are sticking.

Will try WD40 but the cable under the bonnet, the catch seems to be quite free.

Jim

Hi folks I have been having problems with the bonet release on my gs 300 mkII. When I pull the lever the bonet pops up but the lever won't return to it's original position so when I try to close the bonet it won't lock down. Anybody out there had the same problem .

Jim

Hiya Jamesc..........I had the same prob with my Mk.2 a few months ago and eventually had to have a new latch fitted. Tink it woz around £40 incl. labour. :whistling:

Jim

Hiya Jamesc..........I had the same prob with my Mk.2 a few months ago and eventually had to have a new latch fitted. Tink it woz around £40 incl. labour. :whistling:

Hi Trev

Was that from a Lexus garage and do you think it could be done by a bit of DIY :question:

Jim

Jim

Hi Trev

Was that from a Lexus garage and do you think it could be done by a bit of DIY :question:

Jim

Hello again Jamesc.........i ordered the parts from Lexus and had my local garage fit the latch(and cable)thot i mite as well while at it. It only took a few days to receive the parts! Incidentally i tried all the tings thats been mentioned before i decided to go for the new parts as my prob with the bonnet closure had been happening over a month or two. I even tried breakers yards but to no avail. Altho i see that there is a new website www.breakersyard.com helping with this facility........Hope this helps!!! :winky:

• 1 month later...

I had this problem a while ago. There was something wrong with the cable, I think one of the strands had snapped and it kept catching in the outer sheath. Fortunately it was under guarantee as it cost £280 at the Lexus dealer. The bolts holding the catch in place are anti-theft and have to be broken out and have to be renewed.

I had this problem a while ago. There was something wrong with the cable, I think one of the strands had snapped and it kept catching in the outer sheath. Fortunately it was under guarantee as it cost £280 at the Lexus dealer. The bolts holding the catch in place are anti-theft and have to be broken out and have to be renewed.

Hi JCC

I did as Colin Barber sugested and gave the catch a good clean and lube and it seems to have helped, it's not 100% perfect but it is a lot better than before, thanks for the info.

Jim :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links