Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Service

Ive Just had my service done on my car. I have 91K on the clock but brought in feb and it was ex bt fleet hire so was only serviced by Lex once so because I'm so trusting? :shifty: I decided to have a full service early. I ordered a timing belt and tensioner, oil filter and cabin filter from Chris.S, many thanks, and brought some spark plugs from local garage. I had all fluids replaced including Diff trans and brakes. all belts swapped and traking done aswell as the mot wich it flew through. it cost £250 for all the garage work including MOT and fluids and about £130 for the parts from chris aswell as plugs and v belts. the Garage Ive used for about 5 years and trust them implicitly (plus the head mecanic has had a IS200)

I picked it up this evening and Its unberlievable. I turned the radio off, wound down the window and asked my wife 'can you hear that?' she said 'No' I said 'EXACTLY :yahoo: ' It was so quiet. when I first bought it was good and took a while to realise that I hadn't stalled everytime I stopped but now Ive started getting paranoid again! It's far too quiet! :shifty:

It's not just the engin It's the cabin aswell when you drive along It's just so quiet and comfortable

If these are this good It must be amazing in the LS and GS as these were ment to be Lexus' unlike the IS :crybaby:

I can understand why people get frustrated with rattles in the new models because that would be all you would hear in them.

I love my LEX.

Craig

Ive Just had my service done on my car. I have 91K on the clock but brought in feb and it was ex bt fleet hire so was only serviced by Lex once so because I'm so trusting? :shifty: I decided to have a full service early. I ordered a timing belt and tensioner, oil filter and cabin filter from Chris.S, many thanks, and brought some spark plugs from local garage. I had all fluids replaced including Diff trans and brakes. all belts swapped and traking done aswell as the mot wich it flew through. it cost £250 for all the garage work including MOT and fluids and about £130 for the parts from chris aswell as plugs and v belts. the Garage Ive used for about 5 years and trust them implicitly (plus the head mecanic has had a IS200)

I picked it up this evening and Its unberlievable. I turned the radio off, wound down the window and asked my wife 'can you hear that?' she said 'No' I said 'EXACTLY :yahoo: ' It was so quiet. when I first bought it was good and took a while to realise that I hadn't stalled everytime I stopped but now Ive started getting paranoid again! It's far too quiet! :shifty:

It's not just the engin It's the cabin aswell when you drive along It's just so quiet and comfortable

If these are this good It must be amazing in the LS and GS as these were ment to be Lexus' unlike the IS :crybaby:

I can understand why people get frustrated with rattles in the new models because that would be all you would hear in them.

I love my LEX.

Craig

I am glad you are happy but I am :tsktsk: with mine. The engine is fine but I am having loads of problems with the braking and handling. Goes back in soon to the dealership for further investigations. I would dearly love to be in your position. Enjoy.

I am glad you are happy but I am :tsktsk: with mine. The engine is fine but I am having loads of problems with the braking and handling. Goes back in soon to the dealership for further investigations. I would dearly love to be in your position. Enjoy.

Im sorry to hear that.

if you really want to feel how good a lexus is drive a vectra. drove my mates 2.6 v6 vectra last night and it was like going back into the stone age in terms of very thing except the engine. got out, got into in my little is200 and OMG !!! i swear i have no idea what motoring jurnos are on about when they slate lexus cars, they must be drive a bm* or vectra made to look like a lexus.

on the topic of services, mines having its full service this week and i said i mite provide my own oil. does anyone know how many litres i need?

I don't know exactly how many litres you need, but I just paid for 4.2 litres on my 60000km service.

I have an IS300 service manual from the internet. It says:

5.1 liters w/o oil filter change

5.4 liters w filter change

6.5 liters dry fill

But maybe there is a difference between 200 and 300?

on the topic of services, mines having its full service this week and i said i mite provide my own oil. does anyone know how many litres i need?

I don't know exactly how many litres you need, but I just paid for 4.2 litres on my 60000km service.

I have an IS300 service manual from the internet. It says:

5.1 liters w/o oil filter change

5.4 liters w filter change

6.5 liters dry fill

But maybe there is a difference between 200 and 300?

I provided my own oil when I had my 30,000 mile service at Woodford Green and can confirm that I had to provide 4.5 litres.

I love my LEX.

Craig

Get the Front hubs checked as i had a problem that would not go away

and only happened when the brakes got hot Like on a Motoway braking from 70-80 there was a judder

i swapped discs pads lower ball joints even went to see Tony at STS

but then found the hub ran out when hot and was not noticed at low speeds

Cheers Matt

I love my LEX.

Craig

Craig - good to hear you're enjoying it agin.

The rattles (especially the dash) are loud in the new IS. Believe me. The new IS is almost as quiet as a GS but not as quiet as an LS or an RX.

Even with the MLS at 20 you can hear the tappety tap dash rattle on mine in the mornings, and it is a real shame - it really puts you off driving and enjoying the car.

It's the pillar/b post rattles which are harder to hear on mine, and come and go like the rain!

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry to hear that.

Well I am all sorted. No more creaking or knocking :lol: I am so more happy now

Guest inicol63

Glad to here you guys are enjoying your IS200.

I been lucky had a LS and have a SC430 these cars are as you guy put it so quite that you dont know if the engine is on or off.

I have made the mistake of turning the key when the engine is on while in a car wash, that is the only bad noise i have heard.

My IS200 is not that quite when pulling away i get what i would call a exhaust noise,(i never over rev)but when cruising the car is spot on.

Well off now for a drive

see yaaaaaaaaaaa

Im sorry to hear that.

Well I am all sorted. No more creaking or knocking :lol: I am so more happy now

Spoke too soon. It's back, the dreaded creaking when braking at relatively low speeds and if that was not enough lastnight when braking at motorway speeds the even more dreaded brake judder is back.

Spoke too soon. It's back, the dreaded creaking when braking at relatively low speeds and if that was not enough lastnight when braking at motorway speeds the even more dreaded brake judder is back.

sorry to hear this,keep us informed.

are you going to return it to the dealership as before :question:

what did they do to cure your problems last time :question:

good luck :)

sorry to hear this,keep us informed.

are you going to return it to the dealership as before :question:

what did they do to cure your problems last time :question:

good luck :)

Not sure of the details but they put the creaking down to a dry rubber joint of some sort. I also assume that they regreased the points between the calipers and pads/shims etc and finally did a full geometry which I am still waiting to have the set up details of. The judder has been an ongoing problem, had the discs skimmed twice. The creaking only appeared after they changed all four discs and also the two front suspension struts. Woodford Green have been excellent really. I e-mail James Cook last night and I am awaiting a reply.

Not sure of the details but they put the creaking down to a dry rubber joint of some sort. I also assume that they regreased the points between the calipers and pads/shims etc and finally did a full geometry which I am still waiting to have the set up details of. The judder has been an ongoing problem, had the discs skimmed twice. The creaking only appeared after they changed all four discs and also the two front suspension struts. Woodford Green have been excellent really. I e-mail James Cook last night and I am awaiting a reply.

I hope you get it sorted and please keep us informed.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you get it sorted and please keep us informed.

Craig

This was the work that was done to cure the creaking sound and the movement of the pads in the calipers -:

We replaced 2 plates on the caster arm brackets, as discussed at the time these would not cause the creaking noise. We also greased the antiroll bar "D" bushes and retentioned the front brake pad clips applying grease to the backs of the pads to prevent movement.

The creaking noise reappeared after about two weeks and it would seem that the "D" bushes on the antiroll bar is the culprit. Lexus Woodford Green will look at the car again and have promised that the problem will be resolved. I have booked the car in for its 40,000 miles service on the 10 January 2007 and another attempt will be made to resolve this issue then.

The interesting thing is that I never had this problem until I had warranty works carried out to change all four discs and the two front shock absorbers. That work must have disturbed the antiroll bar somehow and I would have thought that after curing the problem first time round it would not return. Both myself and James Cook thinks that the proliferation of all these :tsktsk: road humps may be contributing to the return of the problem. However, surely if everything including the antiroll bar is torqued to the required setting road humps should not be a problem afterall as stated I never had this problem previously.

Will keep all informed.

This was the work that was done to cure the creaking sound and the movement of the pads in the calipers -:

We replaced 2 plates on the caster arm brackets, as discussed at the time these would not cause the creaking noise. We also greased the antiroll bar "D" bushes and retentioned the front brake pad clips applying grease to the backs of the pads to prevent movement.

The creaking noise reappeared after about two weeks and it would seem that the "D" bushes on the antiroll bar is the culprit. Lexus Woodford Green will look at the car again and have promised that the problem will be resolved. I have booked the car in for its 40,000 miles service on the 10 January 2007 and another attempt will be made to resolve this issue then.

The interesting thing is that I never had this problem until I had warranty works carried out to change all four discs and the two front shock absorbers. That work must have disturbed the antiroll bar somehow and I would have thought that after curing the problem first time round it would not return. Both myself and James Cook thinks that the proliferation of all these :tsktsk: road humps may be contributing to the return of the problem. However, surely if everything including the antiroll bar is torqued to the required setting road humps should not be a problem afterall as stated I never had this problem previously.

Will keep all informed.

please do, bushes normaly cause a knocking sound not a creaking but if there hard material they could creak, they do wear so even if you talked up the bolts they could still move enough to make a noise. could all be co-incidence to the warantee work. on my old car I was constantly chasing problems as one was fixed it brought or highlighted another but one day all was good with it so I do hope one day yours will be back to how it should be.

• 1 month later...

Will keep all informed.

please do, bushes normaly cause a knocking sound not a creaking but if there hard material they could creak, they do wear so even if you talked up the bolts they could still move enough to make a noise. could all be co-incidence to the warantee work. on my old car I was constantly chasing problems as one was fixed it brought or highlighted another but one day all was good with it so I do hope one day yours will be back to how it should be.

Well I got my car back today and time will tell whether my creaking and juddering problems have been resolved. I have none of that at the moment, however, one interesting thing was that I also complained that when I braked it felt rough as if there was grating between the pads and discs. I am told that they found some minute amounts of clay in the wheel bearings. I no longer have the grating feel when I brake, so all in all everything is fine for the time being. And how is this for trust -:

I turned up to return the courtesy car and to collect mine. The service paperwork had not been

prepared as yet so I was allowed to take my car away and was told I would be contacted at a

future date to arrange payment.

I have never had such an experience before. Drove Honda's exclusively before and never would they allow me to take my car without paying for it.

Anyway watch this space for updates.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links