Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Central Locking/alarm Problem!

Jongas

Hi Guys,

The other night I arrived home from work as normal, got out my car, pressed my fob to lock the doors.....

Nothing happened.......pressed again....nothing happened

I assumed the Battery was on the way out so went in to fetch the spare, it locked the car with the 2nd attempt.

Later that eve (after changing the Battery in the main key) I tried to get into the car with both keys...no joy, after a couple of hours of trying and a few alarm soundings(!) I mustr have managed to open/lock 3 times.

I tried reprogramming the keys, this worked and accepted the key (as some of you will know the programming sequence requires pressing of the buttons so I am sure that the batteries are ok as this completed sucessfully). However as soon as the key is programmed...press the button....nothing happens.

I am now driving and locking on the key (which is not the most secure of options). I have tried the car in various places and no change so its not interferance or anything and all the doors are correctly closed

I am thinking it could be the central locking module or antenna.

Any thoughts????

Hi,

As spike says an does the other buttons work on the remote the one that opens the boot from the remote.

If thats also not working then in could be like you say central locking module or antenna.

Im not sure but it might also be worth checking the fuses on the car.

Cheers..

Chips.

Hi,

As spike says an does the other buttons work on the remote the one that opens the boot from the remote.

If thats also not working then in could be like you say central locking module or antenna.

Im not sure but it might also be worth checking the fuses on the car.

Cheers..

Chips.

All new batteries - no change.

The keys programme fine and work during the inital progamme sequence, really strange - what fuse is likley to affect this??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links