Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Crack

Avkwong

Greetings everyone

Unfortunately as I was driving along the M2 today, got hit by a stray road chip or something which has resulted in a :tsktsk: crack in the windscreen of the passenger side of my IS200.

I heard these things are quite expensive to replace. I could get it repaired by a company such as autoglass or replace the whole thing completely and claim off my insurance policy. Worried about how it would affect my renewal quotes.

Any suggestions.

Adrian

Shouldn't effect you policy at all remember if you do it through the insurance make sure its a worthwhile crack or they will just repair it rather than replacing it

Greetings everyone

Unfortunately as I was driving along the M2 today, got hit by a stray road chip or something which has resulted in a :tsktsk: crack in the windscreen of the passenger side of my IS200.

I heard these things are quite expensive to replace. I could get it repaired by a company such as autoglass or replace the whole thing completely and claim off my insurance policy. Worried about how it would affect my renewal quotes.

Any suggestions.

Adrian

when you phone them,they will ask you if the crack is bigger than a 5p peice,insist that it is,otherwise as Gwilso has said they will prefer to repair,and beleive me there will always be a crack there,just secured and it looks naf,get it replaced

when you phone them,they will ask you if the crack is bigger than a 5p peice,insist that it is,otherwise as Gwilso has said they will prefer to repair,and beleive me there will always be a crack there,just secured and it looks naf,get it replaced

Or you could make it bigger than 5p :o just press on it :o

A windscreen repair should be free, and a replacement you will have to pay the excess for.

Double check your policy wording though as sometimes the excess can change if an approved repairer is not used, likewise the insurer may only payout a certain amount towards a windscreen claim if an approved repairer isn't used.

A friend of mine had a crack in her windscreen, and asked how much i thought it would cost her to get it repaired as it was on a Ford with a heated screen

I told her £61.22

She asked how I could be so precise in costs

That was £60 excess for her windscreen claim

and £1.22 for the housebrick to throw at it to make sure it got changed and not just repaired

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

Hi,

If you have fully comp insurance then you should be covered and like whats said above around £60 excess and that wont have any effect on your insurance for the future.

If your T.P.F.F i dont think you will be covered.

Chips.

Third Party Fire and feft ?

:winky: :P

Hi,

Typing Error :P :D

Did you get the screen sorted out?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links