looking for the best mid priced bulbs.

has anybody used either of these:

philips blue vision plus

or meccatune 5500k

i know these wont be as good as hid,s

just looking for a small improvement

in looks and light with a small cost :)

hi,swfcdan.

bit of a hi jack here, my drivers side sidelight went today, what bulbs should i replace them with. also is there a guideo n here on how to change the bulbs. not very good at stuff like this

501 W5W side light bulb

just remove bulb holder from rear of headlight and pull out bulb and replace with new one

easy, :)

Hi,

I found that the philips blue vision bulb gave me a better light/vison on my car.

Hope that helps.

Chips.

thanks chips, definitely worth the change then :)

If you want bright then go for PIAA extrem white 4150K 55W or extrem white plus 4000K 51W. I have tried both and they are both twice as much brighter than the originals, you wouln't be disappointed . I also tried PIAA plasma spark blue but they were too blue and you don't see anything on the road. Here you can find a few pictures .

ta for the photos but how about some real comparison pics - u cant really tell the output from pointing the camera at the light- lets see the amount of light on the road instead. will of course have to be the same bit of road under the same conditions.

just fitted my is200 with Philips blue vision ultra blue 4000k hb4,s and extreme white 501 side lights.lights now look more.hav'nt driven car yet,but should be an impovment. :)

i know they won't be as good as HID,s but are an improvment over the standard bulbs and as i don't do a great amount of night driving could'nt justify spending £200 on HID,s :)

thanks for your reply's to my 1st post

• 3 weeks later...
i know they won't be as good as HID,s but are an improvment over the standard bulbs and as i don't do a great amount of night driving could'nt justify spending £200 on HID,s :)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are HIDs direct replacements? Or do you need to change the headlamp assembly? I'm really happy with my lights on full beam, but they could be better of dipped. If HIDs are direct replacements, where's a good place to get them?

Thanks

Simon

Actually, I've found the relevant thread now!

www.hids4u.co.uk are the best place in my opinion and they are very clued up. Not just people selling imported kits.

I have fitted a couple of their kits to cars and they are brilliant, better than OEM in most cases and dead easy to fit.

HID's are not something i would scrimp on, budget ballasts and bulbs are not worth the risk.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links