Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 And 220

oldcro

I had a letter today from Lexus Aberdeen about colour coded mudflaps for my IS250. They would fit the mudflaps and carry out a winter check on the car for £175, which I thought was a bit pricey.

A quick check on the Lexus UK website did not mention anything about mudflaps being available, so assume they are a new addition. If anyone is interested check with you're local dealer if they have them and what price they are.

I had a letter today from Lexus Aberdeen about colour coded mudflaps for my IS250. They would fit the mudflaps and carry out a winter check on the car for £175, which I thought was a bit pricey.

A quick check on the Lexus UK website did not mention anything about mudflaps being available, so assume they are a new addition. If anyone is interested check with you're local dealer if they have them and what price they are.

I fitted some to mine in June. Believe it or not, they are IS200 flaps, they fit perfectly!! Roughly £20 a pair (£40 all in).

Did it myself, took 40-45 minutes and didn't have to remove the wheels...just jacked it up slightly.

Check out the post and piccy's - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;hl=mud+flaps

Didn't bother colour coding them.

I got a letter as well - this time from Lexus Newcastle - offering colour coded, fitted mudflaps for £150.00. They enclosed a balck and white pic of them but to be honest they looked so small I could hardly see them. I will try and see one with them fitted.

They are "slimline", creating more drag than anything else :o

:lol:

No seriously, they are very subtle but they do keep the wagon clean - roll on winter. They don't give the car a "grounding" effect at all really...which is a shame.

It's not a bad price though @ £150, including 2 pack paint and fitting...

• 1 month later...

Checked with my local dealer today, had never heard of these and told me they were not Lexus parts, I have found coloured mudflaps on e-bay, just waiting to see if they do other colours than those stated, anyone though had these supplied and fitted by their Lexus dealer, or know where I can get them from, my car is Cadaxton Grey?

Any help would be apprieciated.

Checked with my local dealer today, had never heard of these and told me they were not Lexus parts, I have found coloured mudflaps on e-bay, just waiting to see if they do other colours than those stated, anyone though had these supplied and fitted by their Lexus dealer, or know where I can get them from, my car is Cadaxton Grey?

Thought I'd mentioned this before, and I think has 'Tel' because we both have the new (second generation) OEM mud flaps fitted, and they're not the same as the IS200.

My 250 is in Cadoxton Slate/Smoky Granite Mica and the flaps are to all intents and purposes black, although they are available colour coded for colours other than Slate/Black.

I think Tel had them fitted pre-delivery, but Lexus Bristol fitted mine at it's first service. They charged me around £158 for the four + fitting inc. VAT and before LOC 10% Gold discount.

I'll take some pics tomorrow if anyone's interested...

Thought I'd mentioned this before, and I think has 'Tel' because we both have the new (second generation) OEM mud flaps fitted, and they're not the same as the IS200.

My 250 is in Cadoxton Slate/Smoky Granite Mica and the flaps are to all intents and purposes black, although they are available colour coded for colours other than Slate/Black.

I think Tel had them fitted pre-delivery, but Lexus Bristol fitted mine at it's first service. They charged me around £158 for the four + fitting inc. VAT and before LOC 10% Gold discount.

I'll take some pics tomorrow if anyone's interested...

I too have the black ones fitted, the ones on eBay are manufacturered by Silver Fox Design, they have them in ARGENTO ICE SILVER and VELVET BLACK, they are both shown on an is-250.

Has anyone purchased these and fitted them?

Thanks.

Hi

I have just purchased set of Silver Fox flaps in Argento Ice colour from Global Car Parts Direct. I did not purchase through eBay but directly at www.gcpdirect.com £60 delivered set of four. I was surprised at the paint finish very good, I thought that they may have had runs etc. Not fitted them yet, but dry fitted one front and back seemed to follow body shape ok, colour match is good as well. I hope this helps.

Im new to this site and found it very helpful prior to buying IS 220D.

Hi

I have just purchased set of Silver Fox flaps in Argento Ice colour from Global Car Parts Direct. I did not purchase through ebay but directly at www.gcpdirect.com £60 delivered set of four. I was surprised at the paint finish very good, I thought that they may have had runs etc. Not fitted them yet, but dry fitted one front and back seemed to follow body shape ok, colour match is good as well. I hope this helps.

Im new to this site and found it very helpful prior to buying IS 220D.

Thanks for that. Do you have a website for Silver Fox Design, is there anything on the fitting instructions? My car is Cadaxton Grey and GCP only seem to do one colour, I have e-mailed them , 3 times with no response so I think that's a fat no from them. If I can get to the manufacturer I can ask them.

Hope you can find a web address for Silver Fox, have trawled the web but can't find them.

Thanks in advance.

hope you can find a web address for Silver Fox, have trawled the web but can't find them.

I got mine from..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-LEXUS-IS250-IS22...oQQcmdZViewItem

Very pleased with them.

Thanks, this is the same company as already mentioned, they only do the ARGENTO. This is why I was wondering if anyone knew the web address for Fox Design?

I got mine from..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-LEXUS-IS250-IS22...oQQcmdZViewItem

Very pleased with them.

Thanks, this is the same company as already mentioned, they only do the ARGENTO. This is why I was wondering if anyone knew the web address for Fox Design?

Apologies for it being the same as mentioned before, my only excuse is that it was 3am when I was reading the thread and it didn’t register.

my mates dad just had a price on some for his BMW 3 series

£150 for the flaps AND £290 to get them fitted!? daylight robbery?! that can't be the right price, surely it's £290 all in? even then it's steaper that a church spire!

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links