Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control

donkammy

Guys,

quick question is it possible to fit traction control to my altezza, the reason i ask is cause the wife drives the car and she does go looney at times, so was considering getting traction control fitted not worries about the wife its the car im more worried about ...................lol

an option to turn traction on and off would be ideal

thanks

I don't have TRC on mine, even if I did it would be switched off anyway :D

If you really want to add traction control why not go for the Race Logic system.

Ya if you have to fit an aftermarket might as well fit a good one.....

I turn traction control off when it's dry, but leave it on when the the roads are wet, would feel pretty stupid if anything untoward happened

@ Elexes.... snow mode dampens down the throttle to prevent over zealous application of the right foot, try it and see :D

As Neil said if you've not got it fitted already and are going for an aftermarket set up. Then get racelogic. Some of us on here have it fitted to the IS and it really is a great system to have. You can even get launch control too, which is also loads of fun :D

Snow button: It limits the rev output to prevent rear wheel spin, I tested mine on a run through the alps. Its weird at first as you might think youre driving a morris minor but it really is effective....

I have traction control (its marked as POWER on the button) and is on by default, you have to turn it off IN THE DRY ONLY.....

Mine is labeled PWR and is to the left of the gear stick (next to the SNOW button)

if you need a picture let me know and I'll upload one

Thats not the traction control button! :winky: power button is for the ECT operation.....

Traction control button is on the center console uder the radio head unit ( where heated seat buttons are too, if you have that)

I too have no traction control button, but if I pull out the tray that would normally have the traction control button mounted on it, I can see 2 lots of wires ending in plugs that are not connected to anything. Presumeably, one of these would normally be for traction control (I'm guessing the same wiring loom is installed in all models to reduce build cost). So the question is, is traction control a mechanical addition to the Altezza controlled by computer? Or is it purely a computer control function? i.e. Are all Altezzas traction control capable, and all that would be needed is to install the switch to activate the computer option?? Or is a different diff or gearbox or something else mechanical required to be installed?

makes sense to install the wiring but wouldnt know about the mechanical side of things, maybe someone with abit more knowledge can point us to the right direction.

what to look out for? how to check if traction is intalled or not?

many thanks

Ok... so I've done some more investigations. After perusing the ECU wiring diagram (http://trancemannz.orcon.net.nz/04%20SXE10...ranslation).pdf), I managed to figure out where I should be seeing at least 4 wires coming out of the ECU connectors for traction control purposes... and those wires aren't there on my car. I think that traction control is an ECU only function (no mechanical additions) but the extra wiring needs to be there maybe for sensor input (same sensors as for ABS?), or an extra processor? and probably the TRC off switch? can't read Japanese. I now think that those 2 extra sets of wires behind the panel that would normally house the TRC off button are probably for seat warmer switches. After a second look, the connectors on those wires are the same, just different colours.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links