Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

Hi All

I have had my IS200 for two months now and thinking of adding a 12 inch sub to my system. I also have been reading this for the last hour or so and found verry intresting, But I was thinking of just adding some RCAs to the existing amp as it has a low pass out put.

Has anyone tried this?

Or am I better off following the rest off you and replacing the lot?

Note that I only want to add some more base at this point in time.

P.S Its nice to know that you are all so willing to help others.

Thanks in advance :hehe:

PM AztecBandit1 on here, he has done just that, he has wired a line level convertor from the sub part of the rear speaker into another amp and wired a sub to the new amp :)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

I have had my IS200 for two months now and thinking of adding a 12 inch sub to my system. I also have been reading this for the last hour or so and found verry intresting, But I was thinking of just adding some RCAs to the existing amp as it has a low pass out put.

Has anyone tried this?

Or am I better off following the rest off you and replacing the lot?

Note that I only want to add some more base at this point in time.

P.S Its nice to know that you are all so willing to help others.

Thanks in advance :hehe:

PM AztecBandit1 on here, he has done just that, he has wired a line level convertor from the sub part of the rear speaker into another amp and wired a sub to the new amp :)

Think he means adding rca's to the existing standard amp behind the glove box Lee. This is probably the hardest option. Or just do what Lee mentioned, its easy enough to do. I did this before i replaced everything and it was fine. More tuneable, and better sound if you upgrade everything though in my opinion :winky:

• 1 month later...

I have added some RCA plugs to the stock amp and its not that hard to do realy and sounds ok for now.

I will be making up an adapter for my new head unit to fit the stock wiring loom and was wondering if others are still wanting them???

I may be able to make some more if interested pm me

Ps Im making it for a IS200 SE 02 just got to find the correct plug :D

I have added some RCA plugs to the stock amp and its not that hard to do realy and sounds ok for now.

I will be making up an adapter for my new head unit to fit the stock wiring loom and was wondering if others are still wanting them???

I may be able to make some more if interested pm me

Ps Im making it for a IS200 SE 02 just got to find the correct plug :D

As far as i know you can only buy these plugs in bulk from the supplier so may not work out that cheap :crybaby:

• 2 months later...

I still think you are better off saving £30 or so and spending it on somthing that will make a difference as its so easy to do and most after market units have a brain that will be in the boot with a cable that runs to the front of the car, even it hasn't you will still save some time as a two year old could work it out.

if some help is needed pm me with a contact no: and i will be happy to run you through it or if you are in bristol or near to I will even help you.

Good luck :winky:

• 1 month later...

On the Is 200 SE i ahve done the bypass lead to the amp and the stereo works fine.

We found Thislead on eBay and it plugs into the original stereo connector but the sat nav wont work.

The actual motor still opens the screen to view, just i have got no sat nav.

Think i did everything right as the stereo works ok.

Just this extra bit doesn't seem to do the job intended :question:

On the Is 200 SE i ahve done the bypass lead to the amp and the stereo works fine.

We found Thislead on ebay and it plugs into the original stereo connector but the sat nav wont work.

Fargo the chap that originally sold and makes the lead is a member on here send him a pm as it sounds like somethings not wired up right? there are a few members on here with the lead and say it works fine?

We found Thislead on ebay and it plugs into the original stereo connector but the sat nav wont work.

Fargo the chap that originally sold and makes the lead is a member on here send him a pm as it sounds like somethings not wired up right? there are a few members on here with the lead and say it works fine?

Ah right i will, thanks for that.

Hi, did you recieve my first email.

in anycase sounds like we need to simply connect the black unit to two different wires instead of the current two, this is due to model changes across the years of manufacture.

What colour wires is the unit connected to at the moment.

Hi, did you recieve my first email.

in anycase sounds like we need to simply connect the black unit to two different wires instead of the current two, this is due to model changes across the years of manufacture.

What colour wires is the unit connected to at the moment.

Hi they are connected to the orange and white wires.

If you hold it with the wires going away from you its the top left and the right one next to it.

Thanks.

thats pins 9 & 10, try pins 5 & 15 (red with blue stripe & red with white stripe directly underneath pin 5)

chop off the module and reconect to 5 & 15

let me know

Does it matter which one matches with which out of the module?

will try it tomorrow

Thanks.

Had the same problem very easy to reslove, for the SE models there are two connectors which connect to the original lexus system, you need to chop of the module and connect this to the two pin module ISO in your lexus, the module has one power and one earth just match them up with the lexus iso cable, i think its a pink (power) and brown (earth) one this should work!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links