Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New After Market Grille From Uk

Hi peeps,

I'm from Sydney, Australia and i just happened to buy/won a aftermarket grille from UK on eBay. I'm just having a problem with the seller as i believe he is charging me a lot to send the item to Australia ... he quoted me GBP 46.80 via Royal Mail. I also happened to find another identical item on eBay where the seller is offering to send the identical item via royal mail as well for only GBP 16.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...p;rd=1&rd=1

Can anyone sorta suggest some ideas or other carriers to send the item?

Cheers

Well the thing is when i was bidding there was no freight charge for Australia only the UK price was there so i emailed him to ask him how much it would cost. But he only emailed once the auction finished and then it was a bit late. I did ask him and he says thats the cheapest he can find unless i could tell him some other one - and obviuosly i would have no idea sitting here which one would be the best.

that sounds like a sort of price to pay for 3 day delivery or something rapid.

How big is the parcel, as some shippers work out the cost on the physical size of the item.

i have had this several times from sellers in germany, all i did was ignore them. they wanted £40 to send a jack daniels hip flask to the uk!!

all honesty theirs not alot you can do if you have accepted the terms

nothing ever came of it from eBay, so my option would be to tell him you refuse to send the money until the price is lowered considerably and you will happily walk away from the deal. Even if he leaves bad feedback you can counter act that by adding a comment about how he massively bumped up the postage costs

Thanks for the replies guys ... Let's see if i can negotitate something. I think i have learnt my lesson though ;)

How much do you reckon these grilles would weigh (roughly) ???

Weight is next to nothing if it is like the Sport grill

less than 2kgs

Tell him to just send it STD parcel, but put a customs sticker on it from postoffice

it makes the carriage cheaper but he must declare the value below a certain amount or you might be liable for import duty. i know that shipping in to the UK the limit is around £18-24 before they tax you on it, you pay import duty if above that amount in UK

but not sure for Australia

Matt

Thanks for that Matt. I was estimating about 4Kgs for the grille and that was turning out to be cheaper than what he had quoted so 2kgs would be even better. (Yes it is like the sports grille)

Will advise the seller what to do according to the below info and hopefully he abides by that.

PS - Good to see a Liverpool supporter :D ... Good win over the weekend and in the Champions league

I had a word with my lexus dealer when i saw him out on the town and he quoted me 200quid for the sport grill........ is he taking the mick?

yepp sure is

I paid £29.00 after Discount then + GBT (gordon brown tax) GBP for mine in granite Sky purchased from Lexus Birmingham earlier this year

Cheers Matt

Thanks for that Matt. I was estimating about 4Kgs for the grille and that was turning out to be cheaper than what he had quoted so 2kgs would be even better. (Yes it is like the sports grille)

Will advise the seller what to do according to the below info and hopefully he abides by that.

PS - Good to see a Liverpool supporter :D ... Good win over the weekend and in the Champions league

Yes Good win but only just but here we go again do well in the Champions Leauge but the Premiership form Suffers

I as a Liverpool fan and many others out there only want the Premiership Title not Euro

But we need to be challenging the Mancs and Arsenal and Chelskis

Now i am Depressed Cheers

AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH Football

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links