Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Catch 22 Situation...

Valiante

I want to sell my car, and the best place to mention it would be on an owner's club forum.

However, I need to become a Gold Member and pay £25 for a year's membership.

But if I'm selling my car, why would I want to remain a member for a whole year if I no longer have the car?

Isn't this a little topsy turvey?

I want to sell my car, and the best place to mention it would be on an owner's club forum.

However, I need to become a Gold Member and pay £25 for a year's membership.

But if I'm selling my car, why would I want to remain a member for a whole year if I no longer have the car?

Isn't this a little topsy turvey?

Most people on the owners club HAVE ONE :o

It is the best place to sell parts :D

You would be better putting £25 with autotrader :blink:

Good luck - what's it to be replaced by?

Unfortunately nothing. I've only just bought the car (just over a month ago) and now the fiancée's parents have decided to move to Australia. So we're moving out sooner than expected! Need the dough...

to be honest (and no offence to the forum) but an owners club forum IS NOT the best place to sell a car - after all, 90% of members already have one ;)

I found the best place for mine was autotrader - but you probably wont like that because you have to pay for it also?

maybe you should just cover your car in for sale notices and park it next to a main road - oh wait, that'll cost in paper and petrol...

You just cant get a break can you ;) Looks like your going to have to spend some money to advertise your car for sale.. such a shame...

Smoke me a kipper, Fidgits...

I'm not averse to spending money to advertise my car and I've every intention of putting it in Autotrader.

However, when selling my previous car I got an all-singing, all-dancing advert in the Autotrader online and two editions of the regional mags, only to have someone who saw it on the Owner's club forum actually buy it. So based on that, I favour my odds on the forum. Except that one was free membership, no holds barred.

However, before you start jumping to conclusions and thinking that I'm not willing to pay for anything, please take a moment to consider what I'm actually saying... what I'm paying for is a membership that I won't actually need, once I've sold the car.

I disagree. I bought my motor off the forum after seeing the ad on here, as I wanted a LOC owned car that had been pampered by a fellow enthusiast..

I think LOC is a good place to sell a car as there are people on here looking to upgrade, buy the missus a new motor or simply have mates who want to buy a Lex.

Smoke me a kipper, Fidgits...

I'm not averse to spending money to advertise my car and I've every intention of putting it in Autotrader.

However, when selling my previous car I got an all-singing, all-dancing advert in the Autotrader online and two editions of the regional mags, only to have someone who saw it on the Owner's club forum actually buy it. So based on that, I favour my odds on the forum. Except that one was free membership, no holds barred.

However, before you start jumping to conclusions and thinking that I'm not willing to pay for anything, please take a moment to consider what I'm actually saying... what I'm paying for is a membership that I won't actually need, once I've sold the car.

fair enough...

i have seen a few cars on here sell onto to other members...

but the majority posted for sale havent had any internal interest as far as i am aware...

For mine, it was on here a couple of months with no bites, but sold on autotrader within a week of publishing on their website.

At the end of the day, the car, the spec, the market and the price will dictate how easily your car will sell, use everything you can to advertise it to strengthen your chances, and if you really want to advertise here, PM Steve and he will do you a deal on putting yours for sale without you having to be a goldmember.

also, id recommend putting it on pistonheads classifieds, not the ideal market, but i got a couple of enquiries through there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links