Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless Entry

Can anyone tell me, if I get out of my IS250 with the key in my pocket and the engine running it starts to pip at me to say it can not detect the key, if someone then gets into my car to nick it, will it stop working if they try and pull away? I got out of my car and left the key in the kitchen whilst I backed mine into the garage and it let me, is this right? :excl:

Can anyone tell me, if I get out of my IS250 with the key in my pocket and the engine running it starts to pip at me to say it can not detect the key, if someone then gets into my car to nick it, will it stop working if they try and pull away? I got out of my car and left the key in the kitchen whilst I backed mine into the garage and it let me, is this right? :excl:

It doesn't cut out and I don't see a problem with this, if you are leaving the car it's no effort to press the button to turn it off really.

btw if you turn off the engine and just close the door without locking, after certain time (I think 5minutes) it locks automatically. I like that.

Is that correct? I thought it only locks automatically if you unlock and do not open the door after a minute or two :unsure:

I think so. On sunday I was cleaning motorbike next to the car and my girlfriend was in the car. Later I noticed that both indicators flashed as when locking the car. I asked her, if she locked from inside and she said she didn't. Also later I realized, that if you lock the car from inside, the indicators doesn't flash.

I think so. On sunday I was cleaning motorbike next to the car and my girlfriend was in the car. Later I noticed that both indicators flashed as when locking the car. I asked her, if she locked from inside and she said she didn't. Also later I realized, that if you lock the car from inside, the indicators doesn't flash.

I would get this checked as I think you might find this is a fault. The car will lock automatically if you have opened it and not physically opened a door.

I had this fault on my earlier car, (a VW), it was a faulty locking mechanism.

Hope this helps?

They can drive off, as you did. If they stall it they're stranded...

Which is why I reckon it's safer to keep the key on your person at all times, incase you get car jacked!

Thats a shame, it would be nice if someone did attempt it and the moment they are out of a certain range the car stops, then I could have them! Over and over and over again!

:lol:

Thanks for the information though....

I would get this checked as I think you might find this is a fault. The car will lock automatically if you have opened it and not physically opened a door.

I had this fault on my earlier car, (a VW), it was a faulty locking mechanism.

Hope this helps?

if that's an error, for me it's feature and I like it. I always keep the key in my pocket, so I prefer the car locks automatically in case I forget.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links