Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anyone Got Hu With Ipod Control?

Most manufacturers seem to have some sort of iPod interface/adaptor available now that allows you to control an iPod to some extent via an aftermarket headunit but not been able to find out just how good or otherwise the different brands actually are and exactly what features can/can't be used.

Can you still operate the iPod itself or is it like when you plug it into your PC and the iPod screen/controls are disabled while it is plugged in and controlled by the head unit?

Anyone got one?

i have the pioneer unit

pretty much does everything through the head unit that can be done through the ipod

but will depend on the model of the hu and the interface you use

although....it has a menu system that is a bit confusing to say the least, you really do have to do the girly thing and read the manual !

dont know if the ipod controls are disabled, as its hidden in the glove box :lol:

in reality it works very well

Cheers, that Alpine unit seems to have "proper" iPod integration rather than most that just have an iPod/CD changer interface. Pity it's not orange illumination - I would like to keep it looking standardish and try and match the dash...

Bazza - with the pioneer unit can you scroll through all your artists/albums quickly using the main spinning control or is it a case of having to press a button each time to go up/down through a list?

Cheers, that Alpine unit seems to have "proper" iPod integration rather than most that just have an iPod/CD changer interface. Pity it's not orange illumination - I would like to keep it looking standardish and try and match the dash...

Bazza - with the pioneer unit can you scroll through all your artists/albums quickly using the main spinning control or is it a case of having to press a button each time to go up/down through a list?

basically you press a button to give a function, then use the h/u control to scroll through by pressing a button each time

depending on what function is set, it gives you different features on the same button(main tuning up/down button)

basically you press a button to give a function, then use the h/u control to scroll through by pressing a button each time

depending on what function is set, it gives you different features on the same button(main tuning up/down button)

Hmmm, so if I say have 1000 artists and want to play the "Zutons" which is last in the list do I have to press a the scroll down button 1000 times?!

Hmmm, so if I say have 1000 artists and want to play the "Zutons" which is last in the list do I have to press a the scroll down button 1000 times?!

there is a search facility ....i havent learnt how to do it yet :blush:

i tend to play them all random and just let them play :D

I've got a pioneer head unit and ipod adapter. The adapter is hidden behind the glove box and the ipod just sits in the glove box. The head unit is touch screen so you access all the ipod menus through that as you would the ipod itself. It also plays dvds and lots of other things.

Ipod Menu

Ipod

Adapter

Cheers for the info people, Adie that unit looks awsome but a bit OTT for my needs and I would be worried about security too, plus you still need an iPod adaptor on top.

After reading some reviews of the Alpine even that it seems is nowhere near as fast as using the iPod click-wheel (which is the kind of response I was hoping for).

I think I will go for a headunit with an aux-in and use that. Some disadvantages but means I don't need an adaptor and I can probably keep my FM-adaptor in place to do the charging only. I have the ipod currently wired into the center console cup-holder so easy to control there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links