Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Needed!

Hi Guys,

1st things first, merry xmas to everyone.

I really need your help and advise. I have got an IS200SE 2004 with satnav. Wat i want to do is hook up a dvd player in the car and watch films through the inbuilt satnav screen. Also i would love to add a sub to the standard system of the car. Can this be done without invalidating the car warrenty? How much am i looking to spend to get this all done? Can someone please point me in the right direction of someone who can maybe do this for me?

Thanks again in advance

Hi Guys,

1st things first, merry xmas to everyone.

I really need your help and advise. I have got an IS200SE 2004 with satnav. Wat i want to do is hook up a dvd player in the car and watch films through the inbuilt satnav screen. Also i would love to add a sub to the standard system of the car. Can this be done without invalidating the car warrenty? How much am i looking to spend to get this all done? Can someone please point me in the right direction of someone who can maybe do this for me?

Thanks again in advance

If your car is still inder warranty and you modify it without it being done by an approved Lexus dealer it will more than likely void any warranty you have on the sat nav and audio system and anything else you r

modifications could affect. The only garantee you would have is from the company that install your new equipment, and if your thinking of doing it yourself...... bye bye warranty! :crybaby: Just my opinion

Does your headunit have a button for tv? Does this work and do you use it often?

There is a way to take the wires from the tv tuner thats mounted in the boot and hook up a dvd player. I was interested in this a while ago since my car is a jap import and the tv tuner doesnt tune in fook all! There was a thread a while back i was discussing this with Taz_No1, ill see if i can find a link to that for you. Thats the only way i know how to get a dvd player playing through the sat nav screen

no tv button mate, the UK spec cars dont have one. Its the standard 6 disc and tape headunit that comes in the Lexus. If you could dig the post out, thankyou. JUst want to know a way of adding the dvd player to the screen and the sub to the headunit.

I cant help with the TV sorry, but as for the Sub/Amp issue, if you find an amp with 'Speaker Level Input', you can just hook that up to the stock system as it will get its signal from the speakers, rather than the conventional amp which gets it through the headunit.

I used this method when I first got into the Audio Mods scene, kept stock headunit and speakers, just added the sub and amp, and since it was in the boot, no one had a clue where it was coming from hehehe.

Scarface has this done with Prolex's little gadget box. The project has been put on hold though as the electronics guy is very ill atm.

Rsarin also has this done by some audio guys in Stoke, might be worth sending him a PM. Don't think it was cheap though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links