Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Further To The Aftermarket H/u Debate

It powers 6 as far as I can tell, the ones it doesn't power are the mids/tweeters in the rear.

If you look at the wire that connects to your HU there is only 8 wires, 2 per each at the front and 2 per each at the rear. So i presume it only powers 4. maybe the top of of the rears and the tweeters dont work. Just my thoughts! :blink:

if you look in the car though only two wire go through each door then then split to go the the mid and tweeters in the door. so it should power all the door speakers.

i stand corrected. My factory tweeters dont work( probably cause the aint hooked up to anything!!) At least i got my headunit back today so bring on the bass!! :hehe:

I recently fitted the amp bypass cable people are talking about (IS200 Sport) with a half-decent Pioneer stereo (nothing special, 50w per channel, no additional amp and kept all stock speakers) and in my opinion its better than the stock headunit (but not that much better). And yes it does drive all the speakers.

I am sure you will get better sound with new speakers but I upgraded primarily to get aux-in for iPod not for amazingly better/louder sound. I thought the stock HU/speakers are good so for me the new headunit alone is fine. Mine does have more adjustability though so you can send low-range or full-range to rear speakers and tweak bass output in various ways to get the best out of it using the stock speakers.

Hope this helps people decide what to do without doing/spending too much.

sounds like good news codlord, which pioneer h/u you get?...i like the fact you can adjust low range etc for the speakers.

...so just a straight forward swap and no real reduction in sound quality?

i hope tis thread is not dead now....i am holding out on buying this wiring kit and h/u until i can get a good concensus...

my h/u went err3 a while back (£275+ for repair), so this is why i am thinking of new h/u and wiring loom.

BUT, if the sound is going to suffer, AND i m spending £200+ for new kit, well.....what do i do??

I have to say yesterday was the first time i'd played music loud. Well if you can call Rudolph the red nosed raindeer music :blush: not for me you understand...

I was totally surprised, no loss in clarity at all.

Where abouts in the UK are you, perhaps someone has the harness near you who can demonstrate.

sounds like good news codlord, which pioneer h/u you get?...i like the fact you can adjust low range etc for the speakers.

This one:

Pioneer DEH-P55BT

Nothing that fancy but it does have Bluetooth phone support built in and all illumination can be changed to match the orange of the IS

ive the same,asyou said, nothing too fancy but,its cheap and cheerful!!

I was quite liking this model...seems to have everything, i dont want Bluetooth or anything like that, but it has power, HPF & LPF, MP3/WMA...even looks like u can change colour..

what do you think?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/4499.html

and...are you all quite happy with the IS200 setup just using the lead and the head unit?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links