Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Keys

AltezCol

Hi guys...

I got home today from my holiday and realised that my house has been burgled...and the only thing that they stole was my keys to my RS200....now they stole my main key and my two spare keys(which was well hidden)..... my RS200 has a sterling immobiliser on it..and i need to find someone who can do something abt it like make me a spare key or change my entire locking system.....

Any recommendations or does anyone know anyboday that can help?? Please???? Need to get my locks changed before the idiots who stole my keys come back for my car...

Cheers...

Sorry to hear about the break in key theft is becoming more and more common

Might not be of much use but can the police not advise on this? if you are a member of the AA etc they might be able to get into the car and disable it properly untill you can find a souloution thats my 2p worth

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Better luck for 2007 :D

Some years ago a friend had his locking petrol flap stolen on his Cortina.

In those days the scum would nick the flap, and then at their leisure, find a key that fitted it. Once they had, the same key would then fit the door and ignition and they would return.

Being as he worked for a fire prevention firm he quickly fitted a hidden fire warning alarm that is designed for the interior walls of large rooms. the large red cylinder type that are uncomfortable to be with so you vacate the room ASAP.

A couple of days later, off went the alarm, presumably with them in the car, doors shut. The last he saw was them running down the road holding their ears :D

mate if i was you i would notify your car insurance co, just incase worst case senario atleast they have a record there up to you if you want to claim or not but do file it.

File at police station also atleast your covering yourself

next thing does your house insruance cover you for your keys?

if not, open yellow pages and look for a lock smith he will get you into your car and even make you a key.

hope it works out for you.

Donkammy

As far as I'm aware, if you are now missing your master key, you will need your ECU replaced or reflashed. I've been speaking to a mobile locksmith about this problem and he quoted me £500 plus keys, although if he needs to get into the car as well, it might be more. He's also in Bristol. However, you may find someone in your area that can do what he does.

Check out your insurance and see if they will cover stolen keys, my first policy didn't, so I changed policy, after Lexus quoted me £2000 for a new ECU, immobiliser, locks and keys!

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks guys for the advise....

Have launched a police report already and going to call my insurance company and see what they can do....but in the mean time, since i can't get into my car... i will just probably remove my wheels or something just to put them off from trying to get it going... but thanks guys..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links