Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension

lexus_tom

Hi,

Ive got Tein coilovers on my car,not the cheapest but ive not heard a bad word said about them.

After having them fitted to my car it really made the world of difference to the road holding/handling.

The EDFC box of tricks is worth a look,allows you to adjust the shock absorbers stiffness from inside the car,rather than have to get the spanners out to adjust the setup B)

The ride height is fully adjustable,but you do need the spanners to do that though.

What ever brand you go for its worth getting the geometry looked at because lowering the ride height will throw it all out.

Heres Teins uk website,your car is listed on there.

http://www.tein.co.uk/index.html

Cheers..

Chips.

Hi, id like to know what kind of suspension to get to lower the car. Im unsure about what brand to go for. Ive got 19"s on and reckon it could go down about 30-40mm. Any help please.

Tom

:huh:

Ok thanks alot. But where would I go to have the geometry looked at?? Would they check it where I get it fitted?? Because I was thinking of taking it to Demon Tweeks in Wrexham.

Tom

Hi,

Ive got Tein coilovers on my car,not the cheapest but ive not heard a bad word said about them.

After having them fitted to my car it really made the world of difference to the road holding/handling.

The EDFC box of tricks is worth a look,allows you to adjust the shock absorbers stiffness from inside the car,rather than have to get the spanners out to adjust the setup B)

The ride height is fully adjustable,but you do need the spanners to do that though.

What ever brand you go for its worth getting the geometry looked at because lowering the ride height will throw it all out.

Heres Teins uk website,your car is listed on there.

http://www.tein.co.uk/index.html

Cheers..

Chips.

I replied to myself, what an idiot... Right lets start again...

Ok thanks alot. But where would I go to have the geometry looked at?? Would they check it where I get it fitted?? Because I was thinking of taking it to Demon Tweeks in Wrexham.

Tom

Hi Lexus Tom,

TDi North are located in Warrington and are familiar with Lexus and geometry so should be able to do a decent job for you.

If you are interested, please call Paul Jones on 01925 289100 (tell him Mark sent you :winky:)

All the best

Mark :)

Hi Lexus Tom,

TDi North are located in Warrington and are familiar with Lexus and geometry so should be able to do a decent job for you.

If you are interested, please call Paul Jones on 01925 289100 (tell him Mark sent you :winky:)

All the best

Mark :)

Hi Mark,

Where about in Warrington is it because i'm only down the road-about 30mins away?

Is it a shop/workshop-is it worth a trip down there?

Cheers...Stu.

If you only want to lower your car -30mm. Then Eibach lowering springs do the job perfectly. They lower the car -30mm and hardly affect the ride quality at all. In fact you probably wouldn't even notice. You also retain the OEM shocks. Price is around £130 - £160.

If you want to go lower then coilovers are definitely what you want. As Chips said the Tein coilovers are great and probably in the higher price range. Depending on what you want from them eg hard, soft, adjustable damping..

I have the TTE coilovers fitted at the moment and think they are great. Cost about £800 - £900 :unsure: You cant adjust the damping with these though. But I think the are set just right anyway.

With regards Geometry, ask Mr Tony Bones aka Wheels In Motion (WIM). Or take Mark up on his offer as I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out with what ever you decide.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links