Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Little Questions On The Is250

Colm

Hi,

I've taken delivery of my new IS250, and I've a couple of little questions that I'm sure you guys can answer for me!

1. The manuals that I got with the car were a) Quick Guide b ) Warrenty & maintenance c) Lexus Assist Guide. Should there be a more detailed manual? The quick guide seems very much like an introduction rather than a full manual.

2. Footwell lighting. I love this, but it stays on even after the doors has shut, and the car has started to move. Is this normal? It would just seem like they should go off when the car doors close.....just checking :)

3. Personalised settings. I noticed in the manuals linked to on this website, that there is a whole range of personalised settings. One that I would really like is for the doors to lock as the car drives off, and for them to unlock once the car has stopped (this is a manual transmittion). In the on-line manual that is listed as the default position. That doesn't happen on my car, and there is no such option listed in the personalised settings quick guide. Are the personalised settings which are available, country dependent?

Thanks guys.

the manuals u should have got are (a) warenty and care document - 20 pages, (B) quick guide - 62 pages © Owners manual - 386 pages, this is the mama, like a mini phone book with all of the info. you should also have got a pre delivery service documnet and a lexus euro assisance 24 document and a cd. the leatherette folder should b full.

Colm.

Brendan is correct plus if you got the MM package you should have got another phone book size Navigtion Manual.

Which dealer did you use ?

Some here in Ireland seem to be fairly casual as to making sure everything is in order.

I was lucky and also got the rubber boot mat but maybe this is standard now.

Anyway ENJOY your new motor and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I get out of mine!!

2. Footwell lighting. I love this, but it stays on even after the doors has shut, and the car has started to move. Is this normal? It would just seem like they should go off when the car doors close.....just checking :)

The footwell lighting will stay on when driving but only at a reduced level which is good if your a passenger but a bit pointless if your driving unless you struggle to find the pedals :duh: . When you put the handbrake on the lights should go to full brightness :)

Colm

If you've taken delivery from a certain Lexus dealer on the southside of Dublin, I can only sympathise.

Was dealt with so poorly there, I went to the trouble of ordering and collecting mine from Galway. Even going back to enquire about accesories was an unpleasant experience. Will not set foot in there again.

I would go through them for a shortcut if they left out the owners manual etc. Should have gone through all of that with you during handover in the infamous Lexus launch room!

As for the footwell lights, you've probably noticed they also increase brightness when the handbrake is on. Classy.

Also, the slowing down of the wipers when you are stopped with brakes applied is a nice touch (although I seem to recall the Laguna has this as well).

Good luch with the car.

p

Thanks guys.

I'm obviously missing the main manual then......the quick quide did seem a bit light weight!

I don't want to say the name of the dealer on the forum, as so far I'm quite happy with them. The handover was well done, but it didn't involve checking each manual was there.

I thought the footwell lighting just wasn't as obvious ones I was in the car, because I was driving/seating position. I hadn't realise that it actually darkened! That makes a lot more sense now thanks.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Can anyone help me on number 3? Do your doors auto lock when you pull away, and unlock after turning the ignition off? Perhaps the full owners manual will have a more comprehensive list of presonalisation options which will include this! eusa_pray.gif

Can anyone help me on number 3? Do your doors auto lock when you pull away, and unlock after turning the ignition off? Perhaps the full owners manual will have a more comprehensive list of presonalisation options which will include this! eusa_pray.gif

Auto locking is only availble on US spec cars AFAIK, been asked on here many times and is a bit of missed opportunity not allowing us to have it.

I was lucky and also got the rubber boot mat but maybe this is standard now.

I forgot to say, that no....the rubber boot mat is not standard......well...I didn't get one with my base model IS250, and it's not listed in the standard features.

and if you have auto the LED light above the windscreen lights up onto the gear lever when in drive with a little spot :) Had me fooled once ;)

Is this LED the one that is bang smack in the centre of the other roof LEDs. I noticed this the other day for the first time in my IS220d. It lights us mu cup holder and allows me to find me coffee in the dark :)

The footwell lighting will stay on when driving but only at a reduced level which is good if your a passenger but a bit pointless if your driving unless you struggle to find the pedals :duh: . When you put the handbrake on the lights should go to full brightness :)

Although, if you turn the dash lights to be dim, then the foot lighting will go out. This is quite useful when driving on dark lanes !

Steve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links