Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am looking to buy a "second generation" LS400 and drove one for the first time yesterday - extremely impressed!

I've had a little search around on this forum and I understand that the cd-rom satnav database can be updated for around £150, which is good news (a Lexus dealer told me that updates hadn't been available for several years!).

I have two questions that I cannot seem to find answers to.

Firstly, how can you spot a car with the Dynamic Handling Pack? One thing that really impresses me is the smooth ride - there are lots of cobbled streets and speedbumps where I live and I don't want to buy a DHP version by mistake!

Also, personally, I am not so keen on the gold badges that you see on some cars. Is it possible to change the gold badges on the front grille and bootlid cheaply/easily (I guess the wheel centres are quite easy to swap)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi and welcome to LOC.

Have a look at this link as most of the info and specs are on here

http://www.lexls.com/info/lsgenerations.html

Doesn't mention the DHP or the sat nav but someone with more info than me will assist I am sure.

As far as I know the badges are changeable, mine are different being Toyota but my front one is held to the grill by a single screw and locating lugs and the rear is sticky tape and locating lugs.

Genuine ones fron Lexus or try eBay

Cheers,

Steve

In the Series 4, the DHP cars come with larger wheels. The non-DHP car comes with 16" 5 spoke/ 5 hole alloys (225/60/16) where as DHP cars have lowered suspension and come with 17" wheel with holes pattern around the circumference.

I guess its a personal preference. I personally wanted the LS for comfort and wanted a non-DHP car.

Hi folks and thanks for all your advice.

I am now the proud owner of a Series III LS400!

I cannot seem to post a picture but it's a 2 owner car registered in Dec 1997 with 79,000 miles and full history. The colour listed on the reg docs is green but it's actually more of a battleship grey.

I'm delighted with the car and just couldn't get over the smoothness of the suspension and the total lack of engine noise when I was driving it home. In fact the only noise I could hear was a little tyre roar and some wind noise from around the windscreen pillars - I think it's had a replacement windscreen at some stage and I understand from this forum that that can cause some extra wind noise compared to the original factory fitted screen...

The only problem I have found so far is that the in-dash cd changer sounds like it's going to work fine (i.e. makes whirring and clicking noises) but won't actually play a disc - "ERR21" is displayed on the audio system. I've tried a lens cleaner and I'm definitely putting the cd in correctly (label facing down) and if anyone could offer some advice about the fault or where I could get the unit reconditioned, I'd be very grateful!!!

Hi folks and thanks for all your advice.

I am now the proud owner of a Series III LS400!

I cannot seem to post a picture but it's a 2 owner car registered in Dec 1997 with 79,000 miles and full history. The colour listed on the reg docs is green but it's actually more of a battleship grey.

I'm delighted with the car and just couldn't get over the smoothness of the suspension and the total lack of engine noise when I was driving it home. In fact the only noise I could hear was a little tyre roar and some wind noise from around the windscreen pillars - I think it's had a replacement windscreen at some stage and I understand from this forum that that can cause some extra wind noise compared to the original factory fitted screen...

The only problem I have found so far is that the in-dash cd changer sounds like it's going to work fine (i.e. makes whirring and clicking noises) but won't actually play a disc - "ERR21" is displayed on the audio system. I've tried a lens cleaner and I'm definitely putting the cd in correctly (label facing down) and if anyone could offer some advice about the fault or where I could get the unit reconditioned, I'd be very grateful!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links