Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Et - Phone Home

goodoldgrandad

Father Christmas brought me a hands-free mobile phone kit (Parrot CK3100) to fit in to my Aristo Mk 2 V300. According to the "distructions" in the kit it needs to replace the ISO wiring on the plug/socket that connects the car radio to the car speakers in the car (so it can mute the radio/CD if on and the phone then sounds through the car speakers). My car has the integral radio/CD/Sat Nav/TV.

Has anyone any idea were the main connections for the speakers originate? :duh:

Having got the kit as a present I am aware that the Mk 3 GS300 have Blue Tooth phone override built in - you just need to know how the enble it and synchronise the equipment, so does anyone know if any provision was on the Mk 2 for in-car phone kits?

If its like my GS MKII then the connections from the amp are behind the glove box. My Bluetooth box is located in the passengers foot well and the power comes from the ashtray light. The only thing I can't remember off hand is what colour wire we used for the mute.

Hope that helps.

I had a Parrot set up in my old car (very good bit of kit), was very easy to install using the ISO connectors.

When I got the GS I made enquries about fitting it to the GS, was told it would have to be done by someone who knows what they are doing as it needs to be wired into the amp and the ISO connectors could not be used.

Would be intrested to know how you get on with this as I would like to fit it to the GS.

Thanks

Paul

ISO connectors are 2 plugs, 1 Black, 1 Grey.

The Parrot will plug into the Headunit, then the car's stereo wiring harness will then plug into the Parrot.

If the vehicle doens't have ISO connectors, you may be able to buy an ISO adaptor, or you will have to wire the Parrot in manually.

HTH

I could be sick as a Parrot if I can't find the right connections!! :blink:

Mine is wired without the ISO connectors, cant remember how many wires but is was only an hours job to fit the whole unit. The thing that took the time was finding a live feed that was not permanent.

The audio equipment in my Mk2 Aristo TT is all located in the boot (except the CD drive in the glovebox), but is a real nightmare to understand. Nothing has ISO connections. The main Toyota/Lexus amplifier is used but there is a seperate radio reciever box, sat nav unit, and TV reciever spliced in. More spagetti than a Clint Eastwood western !!

I think this will have to be a spring/summer job when I can get the car outside in daylight and trace through every wire. Sadly someone only had green and brown wire available for the hundred and one connections, and snipped out the original wiring colours.

The good news is I discovered a pair of quality Japanese pillers under there and an unconnected wire that was to dim the sat/nav display at night (which just needed connecting to the rear lights - so I'm not blinded now when I drive at night by the previous glare of the dashboard display). B)

I had the stock Sat/Nav and Japanese TV system replaced with a Clarion UK system and Freeview reciever. This has a seperate control to dim or alter the dashboard brightness, but needed a hard wire to the lighting circuit to tell it when you had switched the lights on.

I just need time to sort out the wiring and mark it up.

Hello, I have bypassed my amp in boot and fitted touch screen DVD player etc.

My car came with the JBL system in.

The wires in mine were as follows:-

gallery_11429_230_290046.jpg

Cables from JBL Amp to Speakers.

Rear Left - Speaker = Black with silver double rings.

Rear Left + Speaker = Yellow with silver double rings.

Middle Front - Speaker = Green with white strip.

middle Front + Speaker = Brown with white strip.

Rear Right + Speaker = Red with silver double rings.

Rear Right - Speaker = White with silver double rings.

Front Right + Speaker = Blue with silver double rings.

Front Right - Speaker = Green with silver double rings.

Front Left + Speaker = Purple with silver double rings.

Front Left - Speaker = Green with silver double rings.

6 pin plug - male with 4 wires behind main unit.

White with black strip & silver single ring = Earth -

Grey with silver single ring 12V+ on 1st click on ignition.

Green with double silver rings = Earth -

Blue with Yello strip & silver ring = 12v+ constant.

When I get my car back from Thor, (having rear brake upgrade and fuel pump)

I will take photos of cables etc, so you can get a better idea.

I have a list of the wires from the main unit aswell , just need to sort it out and I will post

will take photo of behind main unit aswell.

Hope this help.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks - that will help me pin-point the wiring back in to the harness loom.

Looks like you are getting over 3m rear disks - I suspect this will hit the wheel arches !!

Can I ask what size & fitting of wheels to have to clear the new callipers, etc. as I plan to have my breaks done in the Spring.

Hello the brakes are KAD, I have 20" Chrome wheels with Michelin pilot sport 255/35 ZR 20 tyres.

Don't have any problems at all.

The only thing you need to watch is that the steel spare wheel no longer fits.

I have got an old MKI GS300 Sports alloys that fits ok and has now become my spare wheel.

What disc's and brakes are you looking to get?

All the best

Paul.

The brake upgrade is expensive, but worth every penny, the braking is impressive and to me the most important

part. Loads of people spend lots on mods for engine etc to increase power and then suddenly become tight in the pocket when it comes to stopping? Crazy

If you get Thor to do brakes give us a shout and we can meet up or if you need to stop over this way we have plenty of room.

All the best

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried sorting out the speaker connections and my hands-free kit with no luck. The Aristo Mk2 amplifier is as the previous drawings/information and is a none standard 10 way connector. The ISO connection on my hands-free kit is a standard ISO connector, which is 8 way. I can't get an adaptor cable anywhere, and Lexus/Toyota dealers are unable to help.

The ISO connectors assumes you have 4 speakers (front right, front left, rear right, and rear left) - the Aristo (and GS300) have these plus the 5th front central dashboard speaker. Other than cutting and splicing in the new cable wiring and disconnecting the centre speaker all together (or leaving it on permanently) there appears to be no simple way to fit this type of hands free kit.

I don't like bodging up wiring - so the hands free kit (unused) is going to be sold !!

ET will not be phoning home - or at least not from a moving car. :duh:

• 4 weeks later...
I've tried sorting out the speaker connections and my hands-free kit with no luck. The Aristo Mk2 amplifier is as the previous drawings/information and is a none standard 10 way connector. The ISO connection on my hands-free kit is a standard ISO connector, which is 8 way. I can't get an adaptor cable anywhere, and Lexus/Toyota dealers are unable to help.

The ISO connectors assumes you have 4 speakers (front right, front left, rear right, and rear left) - the Aristo (and GS300) have these plus the 5th front central dashboard speaker. Other than cutting and splicing in the new cable wiring and disconnecting the centre speaker all together (or leaving it on permanently) there appears to be no simple way to fit this type of hands free kit.

I don't like bodging up wiring - so the hands free kit (unused) is going to be sold !!

ET will not be phoning home - or at least not from a moving car. :duh:

The mute wire is BLU/ORANGE and can be found at the rear of the radio. I wired into the speaker on top the dash. An other way to wire in your hands free kit is use a 12v relay that switches the power to head unit off when using th phone switching to the near side door speakers .But mine works fine using the mute wire from my hands free kit (nokia)

I was trying to work with the wiring in the boot as it is easier to access and I didn't fancy tacking the dashboard out. I can't spot a Blue/Orange wire on mine !! My car has the combined radio/CD/Sat Nav, so muting the radio may not be effective if I've the CD on.

I've worked out the car speaker wires, so as I can't get a suitable interface cable for the Aristo I'm going to do some surgery and cut some wires when I get around to it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links