Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Blue Tooth

RYX

If I have 2 nokia blue tooth phones in the car at the same time - can anyone tell me if I can use just ONE blue tooth headset? If yes, how would it work? :question:

I also read in the press yesterday that from Easter only "expensive fixed in-car kits" would be legal. Does this include the blue tooth headsets? :question:

Isn't there a blue tooth "in car kit" with wireless speaker / mic etc? Would this work with 2 phones? :question:

I'm looking for the best "legal" option but don't want to put any holes in anywhere.

Thank you for advice

Rick.

Hi Rick,

I've got the Nokia Bluetooth car kit (CARK-112) and it does work well. The speakers and mic are hard wired (if they weren't they would need batteries and would need to be frequently charged) but its the connection to the phone thats Bluetooth. You just keep your phone in your pocket and when you switch on the ignition it connects to the phone silently. There is a small remote control botton on the dash to end/answer calls etc.

The problem with two phones is that although you can pair up to 10 phones only one can be connected at the same time, you can be sure the one connected isn't the one that rings and there is no easy way to switch phones, you'd have to disconnect one on the phones menu then connect on the other phones menu. Not really workable and I have the same problem (two phones). It would be fine for his and hers phones when only one is in the car at a time.

Richard.

Richard, Thank you for info. You've confirmed what I thought with the two phones.

Could you comment on the quality of the CARK-112 - I've had the CARK-91 in a few cars and it really isn't too brilliant above around 50 or 60.

Cheers, Rick.

I had a CARK-91 for three years, like you I was never that impressed with the quality and it was difficult to hear at motorway speeds, I think they are much better if they can be fed through the cars stereo.

The CARK-112 is louder but I don't think the quality of the mic or speaker is any better. It doesn't have an external arial either so will suffer from poor signal more. At least with the CARK-91 it was easy to switch between two phones.

Still impresses me though the way you can just get in the car and it connects (and you get a little picture of a car on the phones display!)

• 2 weeks later...

When I asked Nokia about connecting the Bluetooth kit through the stereo this is what they said:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Club Nokia Careline.

You can wire the CARK-112 into the car stereo but we have found that you may experience some echo by doing this.

Unfortunately we are unable to send you any installation

instructions.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely

Nokia Service Professional

UK & Ireland Team

Club Nokia Careline

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links