Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400h Drive Battery Condition

Hi All,

400h now 10 months old, 11000 miles.

I have noticed that no matter how hard I try, I can no longer fill the drive batteries to 8/8 bars - most I can get is 7/8 which is acheived easily and very often.

We I first got the car, 8/8 was possible, if not probable as the car use the batteries more when they are full, so I never stayed on 8/8 for long.

I've tried to top the batteries off - accelerate to high speed and slow down gently recharging etc etc, but 8/8 seems impossible now.

Dealer clueless as usual on such matters.

I wondered what others thoughts/experiences were to date.

I've confirmed with the dealer batteries have 5 year warranty, so I'm not worried!

Cheers

Jon

Hi All,

I have noticed that no matter how hard I try, I can no longer fill the drive batteries to 8/8 bars - most I can get is 7/8 which is acheived easily and very often.

We I first got the car, 8/8 was possible, if not probable as the car use the batteries more when they are full, so I never stayed on 8/8 for long.

I've tried to top the batteries off - accelerate to high speed and slow down gently recharging etc etc, but 8/8 seems impossible now.

I've confirmed with the dealer batteries have 5 year warranty, so I'm not worried!

Cheers

Jon

I live in a valley and so can drive the last 8 miles or so mostly going down hill with little acceleration. 8/8 is achievable on that stretch but practically impossible elsewhere. Interestingly, it is easier to achieve 8/8 during the summer, but even when you do achieve it, you are back to 7/8 as soon as you touch the accelerator. Still, it is a good way to practice 'greener' driving - I don't think you have an issue with the Battery.

Hi All,

Cheers

Jon

I was LED to belive there is at least 8 years warranty on the Battery....

My RX400h is 15 months old and I have only had the Battery charge indicator at 8/8 twice.

As others have said,a long downhill slope will achieve 8/8,but that's about it.

Unless you live in the mountains,then you're not going to see 8/8 much.

I'll be driving through Pyrinees a lot this summer,so may be I'll get a chance to get some 8/8s on the down slopes :winky:

Hi All,

Cheers

Jon

I was LED to belive there is at least 8 years warranty on the Battery....

In Canada and U.S

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links