Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

never had a problem,then came home tonight,reversed into the drive,turned off the engine (as normal,then as I got out,popped the boot switch, NOTHING, :crybaby: you can hear what sounds like a relay in the general area of the switch but nothing at the back,it opens with the key ok,nothing shut in the lock mech,locks got plenty of lube on,the valet lock on the panel isnt on and the fuel cap opens ok,am I right in thinking its an electronic release not a manual ie cable ??? so now wondering if there's a fuse for said lock,as my books in japachinkyese anyone have a look in there's and check it out for me

awaiting with baited breath. Ian :whistling::whistling:

Hi,

Looking at the diagram the boot opening is controlled by the antitheft/door lock control ECU and the 1st thing I woould check is the motor located in the centre rear of the boot area.

There should be a black wire to it ( 12 volt feed ) with the other side of the motor going to chassis ( earth).

I cannot see a relay on the diagram but this could be in the ECU itself.

If you can get someone to operate the boot release button and measure the supply to the motor it will then establish if it is the motor ( if the 12 volts appears) or another problem.

I can't see it being a fuse as other circuits are ok ( fuel filler is on the same ECU )

See how you go,

Steve

Hi,

Looking at the diagram the boot opening is controlled by the antitheft/door lock control ECU and the 1st thing I woould check is the motor located in the centre rear of the boot area.

There should be a black wire to it ( 12 volt feed ) with the other side of the motor going to chassis ( earth).

I cannot see a relay on the diagram but this could be in the ECU itself.

If you can get someone to operate the boot release button and measure the supply to the motor it will then establish if it is the motor ( if the 12 volts appears) or another problem.

I can't see it being a fuse as other circuits are ok ( fuel filler is on the same ECU )

See how you go,

Steve

you mention here that you have a diargam of some sort, is this something I could possibaly download some where, I am looking for pic's / diagrams for the elcetric ariel area (gonna do a post for it)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links