Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brakes On Is200

DINO

Hi all,

I have a noise on the brakes which seems to come from the front passenger side. Whenever I reverse and press the brakes the noise appears, as if something is moving and hitting a point. I have had new discs, pads, springs to hold pads and shims, which have been greased thoroughly. Any ideas what it could be, your help would me much appreciated. :blink:

sounds like the brake pad moving backwards inside its slot.

If you think about it, when you hit the brakes in a forward motion, the pad is going to want to move forwards with the direction of the wheels - and that is where it'd sit usually. When you revers and hit the brakes the pad is going to want to move the other way... do you understand?

Its similar to the windscreen wipers when the blades move one way, and they get to the end of the travel - then the rubber switches sides for the return trip and makes that noise!

Does the noise you describe happen when hitting the brakes while going forward after reversing?

sorry if i confused you!

If the springs are on the pads ok, then it might be a stuck piston in the caliper.

There are two per caliper on the front

If you can take the pads out, the instructions are on the site and its easy, then get someone to press the pedal and see if they both move out.

You will need to lever or press them back in to get them back far enough to get your pads back in.

Done it loads, mine suffered from these on and off for 3 years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links