Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maf Sensor

P38Aaron

Hello

Did a search the other day and i couldn't find anything on the IS200 with this, I have noticed people cleaning there MAF sensors to make there car run a little sweeter and get better MPG, I found a run through on the Knowledge section but not for the IS200.

I have taken a few pics is this the MAF? If not could somebody help me please?

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

Thanks

Aaron

hi!

i think the IS doesn't have the MAF, but uses a different system... well I never trust my memory :duh: , but I remember literate people on this forum claiming it was useless to clean whatever sensor the IS has...

but I'm sure somebody will come along with more specific terminology

• 3 years later...

Sorry if this has already been discussed

My IS300 is driving well at the moment. Good idling, pretty fast and responsive however the fuel consumption is terrible

Is cleaning the Maf sensor really likely to make such a difference? Its a 2002 with 52k on the clock. I get around 200 miles on a full tank....

Also how can I check if the O2 sensors+ coil packs are working correctly? Anything else I can do to get better fuel consumption?

Thanks

I am disappionted with only 300 to a tank but 200 is terrible unless you do a lot of round town type driving, short jurneys or are heavy footed. mine does 75% motorway and reasonalbly quick round town and i very rearly go under 290 per tank.

Regards

Russell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links