Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Great Satisfaction From Lexus Main Dealer!

1996 LS400 Mk3: alarm kept going off for no (apparent) reason. But just to complicate things, sometimes it behaved normally. Decided to take car to Main Agent for first time. Reason for this apparent recklessness? - I reckoned anywhere else might not have enough 'knowledge' and would just keep replacing things until it was cured.

Well, not only did Lexus Norwich fix the alarm, but they also presented me with a Visual Safety Report, which was virtually an MOT report, and they cleaned the car inside and out to boot.

I was charged for 0.75hrs labour; total cost, inc VAT = £66.09

I am well impressed and would paste several Smilies if I knew how!

Really pleased to hear you were looked after, I will be taking mine into my local Lexus dealership later in the year for it's first service since being in my ownership, just hope they are as good as your dealership.

1996 LS400 Mk3: alarm kept going off for no (apparent) reason. But just to complicate things, sometimes it behaved normally. Decided to take car to Main Agent for first time. Reason for this apparent recklessness? - I reckoned anywhere else might not have enough 'knowledge' and would just keep replacing things until it was cured.

Well, not only did Lexus Norwich fix the alarm, but they also presented me with a Visual Safety Report, which was virtually an MOT report, and they cleaned the car inside and out to boot.

I was charged for 0.75hrs labour; total cost, inc VAT = £66.09

I am well impressed and would paste several Smilies if I knew how!

What was the cause of the problem?

Apparently, an over-sensitive motion sensor, located "in the rear of the centre console". They wound its sensitivity right down, which seems to have done the trick.

I have to say that as I sat myself down in service reception when I went to fetch it, I was rather nervous.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links