Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I traded in my IS 250 Sport for an 05 GS 300 SEL on Wednesday 31st January, fantastic car ; however the dash on the passenger side, somewhere near the passenger vent creaks very loudly.

It has become more noticable first thing in the morning, especially over the last couple of very cold days.

The creaking noise stops after approx 15 mins, this is very annoying as i traded the IS on the basis of the creaks and notchy gearbox.

Has anybody had such a creak and more importantly has it been successfully resolved.

Any thoughts or coments would be most welcomed.

Sadly the Gs can have similar problems to the IS but these can easily be remedied by the Dealers particularly if it is temperature related because it is usually the simple adjustment of a locating nut according to the Gs Forum Posts.

The IS is more refined than any Gs I have driven BUT you were so unfortunate with your IS's that my heart goes out to you.

My friend has just had a new A6 that also creaks in the cold &,to be fair to your Gs,these sustained low temps have not been with us for years .

Tel :driving:

Sadly the Gs can have similar problems to the IS but these can easily be remedied by the Dealers particularly if it is temperature related because it is usually the simple adjustment of a locating nut according to the Gs Forum Posts.

The IS is more refined than any Gs I have driven BUT you were so unfortunate with your IS's that my heart goes out to you.

My friend has just had a new A6 that also creaks in the cold &,to be fair to your Gs,these sustained low temps have not been with us for years .

Tel thanks for the reply - i have put a search in but returned with a negative responce.

Do you have ant further details regarding the adjustment.

Thanks

Try the US Forum as well.

As your creak is from a specific location & can be repeated the Technician's task is much easier using 4 "tools" @ his disposal i.e Lexus GB Knowledge Base,Dense Foam,Silicon spray & what mounting widgets need tweaking without resort to "Dash-Out" which can be avoided in most cases.

Assume its not the screen?

Try the US Forum as well.

As your creak is from a specific location & can be repeated the Technician's task is much easier using 4 "tools" @ his disposal i.e Lexus GB Knowledge Base,Dense Foam,Silicon spray & what mounting widgets need tweaking without resort to "Dash-Out" which can be avoided in most cases.

Assume its not the screen?

Thanks Tel

I had a good look at the US Forums, sad to see how widespread it is.

The creak is from the glove box / upper dash area.

I don't think its from the dash / windscreen.

Any way its booked in for two days from 27th March at the dealer.

Will post details and and level of success in late March.

Thanks for help

I understand from one of the technicians that the creaks/rattles is by design the way the dash sits in the panel. It is the clips that are suppose to hold the dash in place that rattle.

Let us all complain to Lexus

I traded in my IS 250 Sport for an 05 GS 300 SEL on Wednesday 31st January, fantastic car ; however the dash on the passenger side, somewhere near the passenger vent creaks very loudly.

It has become more noticable first thing in the morning, especially over the last couple of very cold days.

The creaking noise stops after approx 15 mins, this is very annoying as i traded the IS on the basis of the creaks and notchy gearbox.

Has anybody had such a creak and more importantly has it been successfully resolved.

Any thoughts or coments would be most welcomed.

I had a rattle on my "pre-owned" GS300. Lexus Woodford took the dash out under warrenty. Generally the rattle has gone except very occasionally returns. It is a temperature thing.

Your dealer should know what to do

TudorDoc

• 2 weeks later...
Had to reject my new GS due to two attempts to fix rattle all to no joy

That is a shame and must be so frustrating.

I tend to agree with Tudordoc, in that 'my dash' creak occurred in very cold weather.

I collected my car in January and noticed the creak from the passenger side during the following morning.

The creak seemed to last for approx 10 mins, i too considered returning the car immediately (especially after owning 2 rattling IS 250's since March 06).

I am going to monitor it during the forthcoming months.

I would really like to know the cause - is it something that is expanding or contracting?

Is it a mechanical fixing?

Why is it prevalant in cold weather?

Why does it stop after the car has warmed up?

Slightly different issue - does anybody get annoyed by the noise, dare i say it 'creak' from the central armrest.

I enjoy driving in complete silence (where possible) just wondering if anybody has consulted their dealer about this.

Had to reject my new GS due to two attempts to fix rattle all to no joy

Yep I rejected Dec 05 GS for the same reason. I believe Lexus have fixes for most of these now and that new models are built slightly differently as a result.

Sadly you will not fix it and its a reason why I will never own a Lexus again as they are just not experienced enough in prestige car management to help the owners.

They seem to have a Toyota Yaris type mentality where it will stop rattling soon - turn the heater up - turn the stereo up - ignore it I didnt want this and they had the dash out in all 3 times and sprayed so much silicon it covered the VIN number !!! (craftsmen hey)

Double Sadly I am stuck with an 05 GS430 for a while longer as its plummeting value means serious negative equity of a kind that makes a BMW 745 look reasonable!

If its any help the external plate on the wiper shafts is also a guilty rattler - silicon spray helps.

One plus.... they scratched a wheel on a 20k service and put a new set of wheels on no hassle - well done I guess

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links