Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing The To Coil Packs Guide Please

dibsLPG

Hi peeps, :D Need your wisdom once more..

A top Autoelectricain has said that you will be able to swap over the coil pack till you find out which one is faulty :blink: . Meaning just replace one and start her up to see if the Miss-fire is cured. If not swap it over to the next one and so on..till you find the one that is faulty. :) Sounds great in principle but having never replaced them before (only use to spark plug leads in the past)

IS THERE A GUIDE POSTED ANYWHERE PLEASE :question: TO REPLACING THE TO COIL PACKS.

I have tried to look but no joy.. :duh: so can some one please link me to the a guide of have to replace the Coil packs in a IS200 99 model Pleeeeeseee :D

Basically this will save me going to the Stealers (dealers) to have it connected up to their diagonis machine and pay over £100 for the privalige too for a a ten min job.. :tsktsk: :tsktsk: . So if the Coil packs are the same then i can just swap over till i come across the one that is faulty, I hope...

Cheers

Dibslpg..

u need to remove the air intake snout 3 bolts ( 10mm socket needed) and then there are also a few more bolts holding the air filter housing - also 10mm but u WILL need an extension for the bolt at the rear left corner.

once the airbox assy is removed u will see the coil packs.

• 2 weeks later...
u need to remove the air intake snout 3 bolts ( 10mm socket needed) and then there are also a few more bolts holding the air filter housing - also 10mm but u WILL need an extension for the bolt at the rear left corner.

Cheers for the advise will try this and post back, :lol:

Sorry for the delayed response, PC probs :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers once I remove the Air Assembly how will i be able to tell which Cylinder is which please? :question:

The diagnosis stated that: Coil-pack on Cylinder 1 and random miss-fire on 3 & 6, so which is which please?

I do not fancy messing round in their since the LPG system is also connected to the Cylinders too. :crybaby: :tsktsk:

Going to try taking it apart over the week-end (whether permitting) to see how far I get.

Any advise is ah always welcome. :unsure:

Cheers

Dibslpg. :winky:

• 1 month later...
Cylinder #1 is at the front of the engine.

Hi Marcrs200, Do you have a Diagram indicationg which Cylinder is Which please? :question:

Need to find Cylinder 6 which has a missfire on it and thus clean the plug (only replaced less than 2k) and if poss replace the coil pack.

Cheers

Dibslpg

Cylinder #1 is at the front of the engine.

Hi Marcrs200, Do you have a Diagram indicationg which Cylinder is Which please? :question:

Need to find Cylinder 6 which has a missfire on it and thus clean the plug (only replaced less than 2k) and if poss replace the coil pack.

Cheers

Dibslpg

no.6 will be at the opposite end to no.1 !

2 - 5 run concurrently between them

• 6 years later...

Cheers for the advise will try this and post back, laugh.gif

Sorry for the delayed response, PC probs censored.gifcensored.gif

What size of extension will be needed for the socket?

About 6" long extension will be fine. They run in order from the front 1 to 6. As a say i have 3 known good coil packs would make the job easier for you. as you could replace 3 suspect ones in one go.

To help a fellow member out £25 posted for all 3.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links