Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok So Whats Needed?

I've had my IS for a few months now and I'm starting to get a little power hungry! :devil:

I fancy getting a turbo added, although since proposing last month I can't afford to get it done in one go because I've got the wedding to pay for :crybaby:

So if i'm going to do it I have to buy it bit by bit. The main question I have is could someone list the components that I will require?

Thanks

Would it not be possible to buy a full kit and pay in installments?

Good luck with finding the bits and look forward to seeing the post with the work in progress.

That is another option I suppose :)

start with a turbo

then a manifold to bolt said turbo to

then a downpipe from the turbo to the exhaust

decide on wether external or internal wastegate is going to be used

some sort of boost control

piggy back ecu to control the fuelling

boost guage to monitor boost

intercooler

pipework to suit intercooler

air filter

pipework to suit air filter

turbo needs to be suitable for the application

intercooler needs to be suitable for turbo/engine

i only know of one kit, and that is not just a bolt on job

search the forums and you will see

there is very little if anything off the shelf, so look at doing some engineering

once you have the turbo fitted, to get any real power you will then need to carry out internal engine mods

all in all a lot of work ......and money

good luck :D

As Barrie has said.. loads of work and money plus internals for serious power.

Start with what power you are after first and then you'll have to build a kit around that. Turbo size is a major factor for what manifold to get T2 / T3/ T4. Then wether it'll have internal or external wastegate (smaller will usually have internal anyway). Sourcing a manifold will be very hard too. There is a cast one that comes with the Prolex kit but other than that you will probably have to get one made.

Check out my turbo thread (more work being done) for more info. Plus it shows all the downsides to what is involved including how to blow 4 holes in your engine :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links