Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Ipod Connection?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted a million times - I'm still getting to grips with the forum - basically I picked up my IS200 last weekend and I really love it, though only had a chance to do 46 miles in it before heading back here to Zürich - though have a decent run planned for this weekend.

My question is this - is there a component I could buy and easily install that would allow me to connect my iPod to the OEM 6-Disc changer without major surgery? My car already has a Nokia Bluetooth hands free kit installed - so I'm guessing it's using the existing AUX port on the OEM head unit.

Many thanks,

P.S. Wish I could make it to the JAE - but unfortunately, will be out here that weekend

P.P.S. For the people who welcomed me on my introductory thread - I'll post pictures this weekend :)

J.

--

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted a million times - I'm still getting to grips with the forum - basically I picked up my IS200 last weekend and I really love it, though only had a chance to do 46 miles in it before heading back here to Zürich - though have a decent run planned for this weekend.

My question is this - is there a component I could buy and easily install that would allow me to connect my iPod to the OEM 6-Disc changer without major surgery? My car already has a Nokia bluetooth hands free kit installed - so I'm guessing it's using the existing AUX port on the OEM head unit.

Many thanks,

P.S. Wish I could make it to the JAE - but unfortunately, will be out here that weekend

P.P.S. For the people who welcomed me on my introductory thread - I'll post pictures this weekend :)

J.

--

I once bought a kit to play my ipod, it charges it at the same time with a stand too. i have taken it off now as i have lost my ipod.....

give me a shout if you are interested.

The way to do it with the OEM headunit is to either use an FM modulator or a tape connector

Do not use an FM modulator. I used one in my old Celica and it was junk. The sound quality was no better than a half-decent radio station and it had a lot of interference. I know a lot of people who have tried this and they all say the same. Don't do it.

Keith

Oh and the modulator I was using wasn't some eBay cheapo thing it was a Belkin £50 odd thing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links