Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Floods....

Paul-J

Back to work today after my 4 days off, get into work and we're straight on the trucks upto help the people who are living in the Gloucestershire area. What an absolute scene of devestation! Lucky enough its been sunny today but with the weather about to change again looks like things are set to get worse. Some busy nights ahead for me :crybaby:

Has the floods effected anyone?

It's affected me, only in the fact that I work for Bucks Fire & Rescue, the lads where out non-stop over that dreaded w/end! my partner's a Firefighter & I didn't see him at all for 48 hours!

It looks like Oxfordshire are going to be hit from today onwards because of the Thames overflowing! what a nightmare, I really feel sorry for the people who have lost things in the flood.

Did you hear about that poor lady who gave birth to twins & later lost them because the emergency services could only get to them by air! poor lady!

Did you hear about that poor lady who gave birth to twins & later lost them because the emergency services could only get to them by air! poor lady!

That is awful! Possibly the worst damage water can do to anyone! Taking life! :(

I know, taking a life & of two which were so young is just horrible! It’s upsetting! :crybaby:

What really annoys me the most though is when people ring up & complain about Firefighting crews. For e.g.: one man wanted compensation for a door which had to be smashed down in order for our guys to gain access to there neighbours burning house thus stopping the fire spreading to his house! But he didn't care; he was more annoyed about his broken door! :tsktsk:

Very annoying!

i rent witney (oxford) it got hit pretty bad luckily i was on holiday n was dry when i returned but u can see nearly every feild filled with water n still some areas under water lucky place i rent is top of a hill lol

I know, taking a life & of two which were so young is just horrible! It’s upsetting! :crybaby:

What really annoys me the most though is when people ring up & complain about Firefighting crews. For e.g.: one man wanted compensation for a door which had to be smashed down in order for our guys to gain access to there neighbours burning house thus stopping the fire spreading to his house! But he didn't care; he was more annoyed about his broken door! :tsktsk:

Very annoying!

In time's of survival, i think a majority of people become very selfish... take for instance the example in Tewkesbury, where drinking water is scarce, and you have those greedy ones who fill up 15 buckets of water each, leaving barely any for those families who weren't able to get to the tank in time :(

I saw it on the news last night, and just thought to myself how disgraceful!

Very annoying!

In time's of survival, i think a majority of people become very selfish... take for instance the example in Tewkesbury, where drinking water is scarce, and you have those greedy ones who fill up 15 buckets of water each, leaving barely any for those families who weren't able to get to the tank in time :(

I saw it on the news last night, and just thought to myself how disgraceful!

I read in the paper today that some teenagers have been going round putting bleach and urinating in the water tanks which are holding clean water in the streets, probably doing it for 'a laugh'. Makes my blood boil.....a good kick up the :tsktsk: is needed.

They just have no respect!

When i heard that kids were just letting the tank taps run away the clean water, i thought that was bad enough, but bleach and urine!!! That's just a next level of disrespect! Who do you blame? The parents? The schools? or Society?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links