Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Esure -- Beware

I transferred my insurance with Esure on Monday from my Freelander ( now sold ) to the Lexus IS200 Sport with Styling Kit that I am hoping to pick up Saturday.

Told them twice what the car was. £19 ish additional premium and documents in the post. Received said documents and they say Lexus IS200 Sport, so I phoned up to be sure ... and they said that they haven't got the model with Styling Kit on their BPI list ... it gets worse ...

So faxed then price list page of brochure, explaining it was a standard model etc. They spoke to underwriters who will NOT insure it. Result policy cancelled. Refund due .... have phoned & complained etc. but no good. I have asked them to listen to tapes they make .... but they say underwriters will not insure an IS200 Sport with Styling Kit.

I haven't finished yet .......

But if you are insured with them or perhaps anybody else any you have a factory fitted Styling Kit .... please ..... please check your Insurance Schedule and make sure it says what it should.

Am going to try a couple of online sites tonight ..... and see if they have the model .... have alread got quote coming in the post from Lexus Insurance ..... wait to see what that lists for the car :)

Any comments people?

This is why i have been telling people to get it in writing, alot of people from the survey i did should check their policies if they have mods.. especially with Bell.

The whole point of the LOC insurance was that the underwriters we use have studied the vehicle.

My main point is that it's not a modded car, it's as it comes from Lexus.

Have tried Tesco online and 1 quote and they do not list the IS200 with Styling Kit so I can't insure it online.

Looks like Lexus Insuraqnce will win :)

Agree with you Administrator ( Steve ? ). If there is any way out then the insurance company will find it !!

Matthew - doesn't look like it !! I phoned Lexus Uk & they gave me 0800 1383200. I have printed off details from link + the compamy ( won't mention it as it's for Gold members ).

I'll call them tomorrow & report back.

Cheers

Whoaaaa.... Take a standard Lexus IS200. Add some styling extras - boot lip spoiler, side skirts, splash fairing (all of which are actually fairly understated) & 18" alloys, and suddenly the car becomes un-insurable??!! Hmmmm... I guess when you're an insurance company, ignornace is bliss! :whistling:

UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE ***

Got a result on this. After a number of calls to ESure and telling that I just don't accept it .... got a call back this morning to say the underwriters have accepted it. So policy stands.

Called Lexus helpline on Wednesday explained the problem ... have got them trying to inform BPI of the existance of this model of car.

Lexus Insurance ..... well still no quotation despite phone calls ...... so they haven't come up with the goods, yet to find out if they will cover the .... with Styling Kit.

Moral ---------- just never give up, you will get a result. Ask Vauxhall, Ford, KSB ( importers ), Land Rover and now Esure ........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links