Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Engine Has Les Power And High Fuel Consumtion

Mr.Vince

hi ,

I just bought a lexus IS 200 sport .

I find that the fuel consumtion is verry high like 13liters per 100km ( sorry i'm from belgium ) .

the engine has a bit of a judder at 4500 rpm , the moment the vvti kiks in I think ... but no where near 155 bhp .

When I drive a constant speed like 75 mph the consumption needle is in the middle and goes up and down ...

Anny one that has had this problem ?

Does the IS have a MAF or MAP ?

Greets vince ,

Reset the ECU, either by disconnecting the Battery or remove the fuse for at least 30 minitues then the car will teach itself to your your driving pattern, the last owner may of had a heavy right foot :whistling:

Here's how to reset the ecu..http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=42917&hl=reset+ecu

13 litres for 100 km is not the best..... the vvti does not kick in at a certain rpm - its not a vtec engine, vvti is working all the time.

try an ECU reset and look at the air filter, spark plugs as a starting point.

the Is200 uses a MAP sensor

hi ,

thanks for the reply's .

I'll reset the ecu for a start and look at the spark plugs and air filter ....

Il phone the old owner to see if he changed the timing belt ... it has 114500 km +- 80000 miles :-s

thanks for the help !

vince ,

The consumption needle tends to move all the time depending on where your foot is and what the road is like so i wouldnt be too worried about that.

Just check all the things that have been suggested and hopefully you'll get it sorted. To reset the ecu i'd recommend taking out the fuses and not disconnecting Battery.

My first taught was a maf sensor failure ... it feels like it ... exept it doesn't have a maf :-)

I work at bmw and they all feel like that when te maf is broken .

I don't think a reset will help but you never know ... I'll keep you guy's posted .

vince,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links