Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys..

been asking on the IS threads about total closure, then found out I should already have it :whistling:

anyway, it works fine from the key, and I have found I can remote open the windows from the fob, but not close them.

On reading the handbook, it says it can be deactivated.. (contact dealer)

Is there a simple method of reactivating this function?? or is it faulty?

Thanks for any help.

John

Yes this feature can be changed by your dealer, at least it can on my 2006 model. When I first got the car, just the drivers window opened. Then I unwisely asked them to make all the windows open before I took the car. Later, I got them to disable the feature competely, after my windows opened one night when the keys were in my pocket, and I discovered it in the morning - wet seat :blush: They did it for free, under warranty :)

I believe they can also make the sunroof open/close with the fob as well. A useful feature if you live in a hot country, but not much practical use in Scotland!

IanB :D

After some more research on the matter, I understand it is a system called C-Best, which allows changes to be made to all sorts of things including security, lighting, climate control etc..

Just wondering if there is any other way to do it, or maybe the Toyota dealers have a similar system..

John

Thanks...

Yeah, I phoned both of my nearest dealers, one said bring it in, it's a 15 min job, and wanted £50 for the privilege.. the other didn't have a clue, but still wanted £40 + Vat =£47

Why do I feel like they just want to rip me off?

I have been searching the web for scantools... one in particular which can supposedly access the C-Best data... all for around £200

Surely this would be a more financially viable alternative, that can be used again and again, and on any other vehicle for that matter..

Obviously, I want to know if it works before splashing out on such a device..

John

Read the manual again... mentions about the windows opening with the remote fob... couldn't find anything about closing..

Can anyone with a 2003ish model try this for me... hold the open button for a few seconds and the windows/sunroof open..

hold the lock button and I hope they close again...

I'm still not convinced about this, as looking in the "secrets" thread, it appears it can be done..

John

Can anyone with a 2003ish model try this for me... hold the open button for a few seconds and the windows/sunroof open..

hold the lock button and I hope they close again...

It should do it, my 02 plate does

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've got the same problem with my recently acquired GS 430 Sport, the windows and sunroof open using the remote, but will not close with the remote. They will however close when you hold the key in the lock position. I'm going to ask my local delear about this when I take it in for its service.

• 4 weeks later...
I've got the same problem with my recently acquired GS 430 Sport, the windows and sunroof open using the remote, but will not close with the remote. They will however close when you hold the key in the lock position. I'm going to ask my local delear about this when I take it in for its service.

I had my car serviced yesterday and asked them to activate the transmitter window roll-up feature, but they were unable to because when they connected it to the computer this option was greyed out and couldn't be selected. I'm disappointed that I can't have this convenient feature.

I've got the same problem with my recently acquired GS 430 Sport, the windows and sunroof open using the remote, but will not close with the remote. They will however close when you hold the key in the lock position. I'm going to ask my local delear about this when I take it in for its service.

I had my car serviced yesterday and asked them to activate the transmitter window roll-up feature, but they were unable to because when they connected it to the computer this option was greyed out and couldn't be selected. I'm disappointed that I can't have this convenient.

Strange. Mine opens windows and sunroof with remote and also closes them. I press lock button,then, after about 3 or 4 seconds, press and hold lock button again. A faint beep is emitted and then everything closes. What I don't much care for though is that the opening function opens all 4 windows and the sunroof.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links