Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Holiday With The Lex

Hi all, I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else could show a hotter temp on their holiday travels. I went to the south of France and recorded this temp in Annecy. B)

I added a few other pics from my trip.

dsc00742wh2.jpg

By lee2, shot with DSC-W50 at 2007-08-08

dsc00763fb1.jpg

dsc00770wr4.jpg

dsc00987nx9.jpg

dsc00989pd8.jpg

dsc01020tz5.jpg

A little warm then!!

Good to see you've not got the air con on, looked like you enjoyed some good weather.

Petrol in France was not much cheaper than here.... tried to keep the air con off as long as poss, but it sure was nice when it was on! :winky:

Excellent few pictures there. Love the scenery in Picture 5, may I ask where this was?

Glad to see you had a wonderful time. Beautiful weather as well by the looks of things ;)

Jamie

I took that 5th photo last week not far from a place called Lake Annecy. I would recommend it to anyone, warm water lake with pedloes and plenty of swimming, but snowy mountains in the distance. It’s just below Geneva. The mountains are the Alps, looking into the Chamonix valley. If any one wants more details on campsites or the route down let me know.

Sorry to go off the subject of the lex!!!!!!!!!! :shutit: Below is a picture of the lake.

dsc01041cp5.jpg

Ok then Jamie, hope this helps…..

I went across the channel from Newhaven to Dieppe with Transmanche ferries. Great boat, much better than Brittany ferries :sick: (but that’s my opinion). I went for the night crossing to keep the cost down. The boat leaves Newhaven at 1.30 in the morning and arrives at 6am in Dieppe to include the 1 hour time difference. After a sleep on the ferry you’re already for the big push down south!

*Ferry Webpage*

2 adults, 3 kids + the Lexus = £165 (peak season)

You will need to inform your insurance company that you are travelling in France but normally there is no extra cost. I took AA cover for two weeks in France and that cost £40.

Once off the ferry head for Parris and then head for Lyon. Then cut across to Lake Annecy, keep to the toll roads it does work out cheaper. I only spent about £40 on tolls the whole trip. Must have saved £200 on fuel :lol: It takes about 7 hours from Dieppe to reach Annecy, 470 miles.

Annecy has something for everyone, including water parks for the kids and cycle tracks that are totally flat around the edge of the lake. The water parks were charging 10 euro for a 5 hour session (2adults and 3kids), that’s about 7 quid.

The best bit about Annecy is that you can leave your tent in one place and see so much in the area. Easy day trips to Italy, Geneva and Chamonix. Plenty of rock climbing too.

I stayed at a brilliant campsite called Le Cretoux, halfway along Annecy Lake.

*Campsite Webpage*

email info@campinglecretoux.com

Camping was about 10 euro a night but it did depend on your length of stay.

I had a great time in Chamonix. A popular destination for skiing in the winter, but beautiful in the summer. Cable cars taking you into the mountains and into ice caves deep into glaciers.

*Chamonix Webpage*

a must see…… B)

I would recommend this trip to anyone.

That's great Lee mate, thankyou very much ;)
Just wondered why you were trying to keep the air con off as much as possible?

Air conditioning is a drain on the car's resources - in particular, petrol.... Ouch, when you're driving so far!

Jamie

I can tell you know it makes no noticeable difference, I have had my IS 3 years and have done over 70k miles in it. Done the AC "on" for tanks and "off" for tanks and there is nothing in the mileage. I always have my AC on nowadays, I know people that hardly use theres and when they do come to use it, its packed up through lack of use.

Your more likely to burn more fuel driving with the windows open (alot of Drag). fact. I know which why I prefer to travel.

You get better economy using the snow button, I can get an extra 25-50 miles a tank with it.

Air conditioning is a drain on the car's resources - in particular, petrol.... Ouch, when you're driving so far!

Jamie

I can tell you know it makes no noticeable difference, I have had my IS 3 years and have done over 70k miles in it. Done the AC "on" for tanks and "off" for tanks and there is nothing in the mileage. I always have my AC on nowadays, I know people that hardly use theres and when they do come to use it, its packed up through lack of use.

Your more likely to burn more fuel driving with the windows open (alot of Drag). fact. I know which why I prefer to travel.

You get better economy using the snow button, I can get an extra 25-50 miles a tank with it.

Thanks for your comment. Your car must be very superior. I will book my car in with Lexus ASAP to find out why my car is so different.

(As for your comment on drag, when you are stuck in traffic in town I struggle to see how drag can really be an issue, but again I am probably wrong)

Again can we drop this issue now, I did not want to start a discussion on economy, and otherwise I would have started one. I just commented on my own experiences. :offtopic:

Ooooo, will have a nosey - Thanks for that, Fluffy :D ;)

Lee, just been looking at hotels around the Annecy area just out of curiosity and there is a lovely little one named Hotel Splended - right on the canal opposite the lake... Looks stunning!

J

Mate that looks amazing, great location. Best part of the lake, and still close to the town. I am wanting to go back now :crybaby:

Jamie

Thanks for your comment. Your car must be very superior. I will book my car in with Lexus ASAP to find out why my car is so different.

(As for your comment on drag, when you are stuck in traffic in town I struggle to see how drag can really be an issue, but again I am probably wrong)

Again can we drop this issue now, I did not want to start a discussion on economy, and otherwise I would have started one. I just commented on my own experiences. :offtopic:

You cant book your car into lexus to find out why its so different as you wont have mine there to reference it too :)

If you spent your holiday in traffice, that sucks :( Hope it wasnt to bad.

I prefer to stay cool and relaxed in traffic, than get all hot and sweaty for the sakes of a few pence. I bought Lexus for luxury :) not to be like an old ford driver :P

Nice pics by the way. I dont think I will be taking my car to the bottom of europe to try and beat your on dash outside temp, congrats on the win.

Jamie

You cant book your car into lexus to find out why its so different as you wont have mine there to reference it too :)

If you spent your holiday in traffice, that sucks :( Hope it wasnt to bad.

I prefer to stay cool and relaxed in traffic, than get all hot and sweaty for the sakes of a few pence. I bought Lexus for luxury :) not to be like an old ford driver :P

Nice pics by the way. I dont think I will be taking my car to the bottom of europe to try and beat your on dash outside temp, congrats on the win.

:lol:

This'll have to be followed up in the winter by seeing who can get the lowest temperature.

Thats a great idea! :lol:

All my ideas are great ideas. Well, apart from the one about trying to breed a bulldog and ****zu lol!

Why has it starred it out??????????????????????????????? It's the breed of a dog for gods sake????? No fair.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links