Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Shocks!

puresilk

I need a new set of shocks for my IS200 SE!

I have seen some from America and they are £76 Dollars for the front KYB, and $86 Dollars for the rear KYB!

As you must be aware its $2 to the £1 at the moment so they will be £38 and £43 which I think is an amazing deal considering they are KYB (OEM) shocks!

Now the problem is they dont stock any for the IS 200 (1999)!

But they do stock them for the IS 300 (2000)!

Now surely the shocks for the IS200 and IS 300 are exatly the same and there should be no difference between the IS200 1999 shocks and IS 300 2000 shocks is there???

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

:question:

A few gold members have stated in PM that they are the same!

However those prices above were for 1 shock and not 2!

But I managed to get some decent KYB ones for the IS200!

All sorted!

Thanks for the many replies!!

:shifty:

Sorry didn't want to guess when you actually needed specific answers.... the mechanical fitting should be the same, but the IS300 is a lot heavier especially in the front so more than likely it has different spring rates and probably shocks to match.... could be wrong though....

Yes I have read that IS300 Is heavier!

But I thought the shocks should be the same as its same chasis and shape!

But I was quite lucky to get OEM shocks (front) from eBay front for £45 all in incl delivery, and KYB Gas £108 all in (rears)!

I still feel those front shocks from eBay OEM were just too cheap ill have to wait and see when they arrive!

But thats the prob when U see something too cheap you queastion it and the quality, but when they are expensive you moan!

However they are much cheaper than what Lexus Reading quoted me £326 for front shocks! £326 for rears!!!

Can you believe the rip off!!!!

The Front shocks arrived today!

I cant believe I picked them up from eBay for £14.99 each thats £30 in total!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolute steal!!!!!!

And they are Original boxed Toyota componants!!

Having a closer look at them they have the part numbers on them and have KYB gas shocks etched on them!

So KYB do make the OEM shocks for Lexus!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links