Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Royal Mail Are Pathetic!

javaboss

<rant>

I have my new IS200 on order at my local Lexus Dealer after my last car was written-off.

I made sure there was plenty of time between the assessor seeing the car and ordering a new car so that the insurance could send me the cheque. Well, guess what - Privilege dicked me around for 2 weeks and then after I ranted and raved down the phone they sent it to me by 'recorded first class' on Wednesday.

So, here I am thinking that it will be here yesterday or this morning and I could pay it into the bank and it would clear by the 8th when I pick my new car up.

No. The **** stupid Royal Mail have dumped the letter in some warehouse somewhere and can't even tell me when it will arrive. It seems that 'recorded first class' is EVEN SLOWER than first class these days!!!

I am totally totally furious and just want to rip the head off some post office worker!

</rant>

Well, if the cheque arrives tomorrow morning and I pay out to have it delivered to the bank Monday morning at 9am then it'll have 5 days to clear.

The problem is that I bank with the internet bank IF.com. You can only pay in cheques by posting them to them. The insurance idots wouldn't pay the money directly into my bank account and insisted on getting the cheque from head office (Scotland) and posting it to the Leeds office and then posting it to me in Essex. I then have to post the damn thing back to IF in Scotland! It's completely insane!

If the cheque doesn't get here early tomorrow morning then I won't be able to get it to IF by Monday AM and I will therefore have to put the new car off for a week. I suspect that the dealer won't be very happy as I skinned him alive on the price I got for the car!

If your bank receives the cheque but it'll take a while to clear, couldn't they organise a temporary overdraft for you? This is what we did when we bought the Honda Aerodeck - a smaller amount but paying £5k for a car on Switch was a great experience :lol:

I'm going to pay by switch too - the full £21,395! :D :ph34r:

Hopefully the cheque will arrive at my house tomorrow and I can get it sent guaranteed Monday AM delivery to the bank. If that happens then I hope that it will clear by Friday next week.

Surely 5 days to clear a cheque is long enough? My brother works for LLoyds bank and he said 3.5 days is the norm.

Anyway, we'll see. I might just have to wait another week for my baby to arrive!

(I'm not sure that the Lexus dealer will be very pleased about having to store the car and not getting their money for another week!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links