Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If they are the same as the GS masts, I've just bought a couple off eBay from the states when mine got bent by a low over hanging branch, worked out at about £23 for the pair delivered. Means you have spare ready for the next time too.

Thanks guys. Found one on e-bay for £28 delivered but seems like that may not be the best deal around. I'll keep looking.

i got mine off eBay as well a couple of months ago it came quickly and even had fitting instructions included , litrally a 10 min job to replace the mast .

rick

Thanks guys. Found one on e-bay for £28 delivered but seems like that may not be the best deal around. I'll keep looking.

Sounds like a fair deal. They are cheaper from the US but of course delivery is slower. Depends how urgent it is I guess.

Not really urgent as I can still receive a radio signal using what's left of the original aerial. I'll keep shopping around to find the best deal. Thought I might try to 'eject' the remaining part of the aerial first - just to make sure that I can get the mast and toothed cable out properly. I think this is done by pressing a combination of buttons on the radio whilst turning the ignition key to 'ACC'. Anyone know the exact method?

Thanks for your responses guys

Mick

I think it said the AM and CD buttons on mine, although I didn't have to do that bit to get mine out.

For information, the masts I had delivered from the states (from eBay.com rather than eBay.co.uk) came in seven days.

You dont need any combination of any buttons (or at least I didnt!), and Lexus were the cheapest place to buy when I replaced mine!

if you undo the 'nut' on the top of the aerial mast 'holder' then switch the radio on, the mast will just eject itself as there is nothing to stop it coming out. Ensure you make a note of which way the teeth face!

Installation is a reversal, just stick the toothed plastic bit down the tube till it stops (making sure its the right way round), turn the radio off and the mast will be retracted.

Dave

When I did my Mk 3, the mast didn't come all the way out until I had someone press and hold both the waveband, cd and tape buttons (4 in all), and then turn key to accs position. Stand ready to grab the mast with a rag cos its filthy. Push in the plastic drive with teeth towards back of car until you feel resistance and then turn key to off. My new mast didn't go fully in but retighten the nut anyway. Next time it goes up it should fully retract when you turn off. I had my mast off e-bay uk, brilliant service, arrived in 24 hours and was about £27.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links