Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Shaking At 80+ Mph

dibsLPG

Car shaking at 80+ mph :question: sorry not a Lexus Q, but mine is in for a service hence driving hers (Honda :offtopic::offtopic: ) and noticed that is is shaking at about 80+ mph :unsure: :shutit: , It is not pulling to one side so not tracking issue’s but might be wheel balancing perhaps?

Just noticed that the Back tyre’s are 205/45/R17’s and the Front’s are 215/45/R17’s, could this cause it perhaps and is so why? The car is lowered ot sure by how much. The front tyres are new so what she must have done is put the original front ones (205/45R17’s) to the back and replaced them with the 215/45/R17’s at the front instead…

Any suggestions please how to fix the problem with having to through the new tyres away?

As usual your help / guidance is appreciated. :winky:

Dibslpg

different front to back shouldn't cause the issue as long as both sides are same. sounds like balancing. if on the wife's car probably been like that for a while and no one noticed if it only happens at that speed :D

different front to back shouldn't cause the issue as long as both sides are same. sounds like balancing. if on the wife's car probably been like that for a while and no one noticed if it only happens at that speed :D

Yes they are the same size either side.. She never goes above 50mph since she is driving local only, hence never noticed it till i drove it to work. :blush:

Will hand it in for wheel balancing then test again.

Go see the Dr at Wheels in Motion. Could be wheel balance. Don't let kwik fit cowboys anywhere near it - pay the money for a proper job.

Keith

he is in Leeds !!

i would try getting them balanced first

ensure you observe them carrying out the balancing, and make sure they know what they are doing

Could also be a dent in the rim, worth checking, especially on the inside edge of the wheel which is not normally visible. Sounds like it is at the rear end whatever it is, if the car rather than the steering is shaking.

Could also be a dent in the rim, worth checking, especially on the inside edge of the wheel which is not normally visible. Sounds like it is at the rear end whatever it is, if the car rather than the steering is shaking.

Cheers chaps will try to sort out the Balanacing issue this weekend and post back. I'm hopeing it's only a matter of popping on some weights to balance them out not not a worped wheel :crybaby: ..

I will ask them to do all four just incase. and if that does not sort it out i might make a trip to see the Dr.

Cheers for the tips..

Dibslpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links