Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Exhaust

Rob's Lexx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you up to this Sunday matey it should only take me half an hour to fit at the most with a cuppa in between box changes? :D

aye sunday could be a possibility.

i'll let u know for sure by thursday mate

What you up to this Sunday matey it should only take me half an hour to fit at the most with a cuppa in between box changes? :D

Ok matey i'd better make sure i'm free with the other half aswell :whistling::lol:

Edit: just told her i might be out sunday :D

Ok matey i'd better make sure i'm free with the other half aswell :whistling::lol:

Edit: just told her i might be out sunday :D

pmsl. thats the spirit. good man.

BTW, i was looking on the peco website and they harp on about reduced backpressure......i know this will free things up, but will it not lose torque lower down??

with a slightly lower back pressure it wouldnt make much difference, however sometimes these big bore exhausts reduce back pressure to nothing, which is fine for an engine which is highly tuned or has forced induction, but can be a pointless modification on an otherwise std car, as it will hinder the engines breathing capabilitys as the engine can not self scavance the cylinders on each exhaust stroke, as the pulse effect is lost in the increased bore of the exhaust.

changing a backbox on its own, i wouldnt, think make much difference, as i said earlier, the factory exhaust is actually very good.....and takes a bit to improve upon what the Toyota engineers designed from the outset, its from the factory a very free flowing well designed exhaust

with a slightly lower back pressure it wouldnt make much difference, however sometimes these big bore exhausts reduce back pressure to nothing, which is fine for an engine which is highly tuned or has forced induction, but can be a pointless modification on an otherwise std car, as it will hinder the engines breathing capabilitys as the engine can not self scavance the cylinders on each exhaust stroke, as the pulse effect is lost in the increased bore of the exhaust.

changing a backbox on its own, i wouldnt, think make much difference, as i said earlier, the factory exhaust is actually very good.....and takes a bit to improve upon what the Toyota engineers designed from the outset, its from the factory a very free flowing well designed exhaust

thanks for ur input mat.

the rear pipe on the exhaust has corroded and needs replacing at some point soon. considering the price of an OEM backbox, i had may as well go for something aftermarket and as long as i wont lose any performance, then i'll give the PECO a try.

if i don't get on with it or feel its seeping power, then i have the option to not keep it (which is really good of you chris mate).

hopefully all will be well :)

hmmm, pretty nice if i do say so myself. is louder when its warm, but don't think its OTT.

adter the run though, i've noticed its sitting slightly left in the exhaust arch thing, can that be sorted??

Hello matey i'll see if i can adjust the rubber mounts as it might of moved a little on them due to them still being coverd in wd40 so a bit slippy? it did sit to the left on mine a little but think it was because a couple of the rubber mounts were not in very good condition and had stretched quite a bit but yours were a lot tighter than mine were, so might push back over? Must say it does look nice on yours being white as it seems to set the rear end off very well B) took a bit longer than i thought due to the springs but i got there in the end and thanks to your handy chap next door to you for trimming them down for me :whistling:

lol, yea, kev always comes to the rescue when i'm up poop creek! lol!!

i had a feel and the rubbers at the exhaust tip end move pretty easily and that may be why its slid to the left a little. would it just be a case of jacking it up, taking the rubbers off, drying the area down and putting them back on again and see if that makes it sit better??

Not sure to be honest matey as the rear rubbers are fitted into a bracket at the top behind the bumper so getting them off is a bit of a pain plus would probabley have to take it off again to wipe them dry?

Edit: Just thought of something to stop it sliding on the fittings matey?? If i get chance first thing i'll pop over as i know your off out later on and fit it for you to see it it stops it from sliding will only take me a minute to do dont know why i never thought of it before?? :huh: :D Now don't forget your pic's :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links